31 Jan 2014
I know it sounds obvious, but the Blackmagic Cinema Camera was designed for making films. The only reason we make such a self-evident point is that we've seen so many tests, that you could be forgiven for thinking that this camera was used solely for demonstrating itself!Read more...
28 Jan 2014
The JVC GY-HM650 is in several ways an important camera. It can record to two codecs simultaneously, and can stream over 3G/4G mobile and and WiFi. And the BBC loves them enough to have placed a very large order. Here's our in-depth reviewRead more...
24 Jan 2014
Super slow motion shots always look cool, but this is one of the most creative uses for a high speed camera that I have ever seenRead more...
24 Jan 2014
Here's the proof that you can make a movie with Magic Lantern and a Canon EOS 5D Mk III and no-one will mind at allRead more...
23 Jan 2014
While the rest of the world moves inexorably towards downloading shows that are available on demand, live television still has a vital place in the entertainment repertoireRead more...
23 Jan 2014
When I shot on the D16 last year with Joe and Elle in New York City's Central Park, I was able to get an initial impression of the camera (which I wrote about here.) Now that cameras are shipping to KickStarter backers, I was able to get my hands on one and take to the streets to start shooting!Read more...
18 Jan 2014
One River Media were granted just three hours with a 4K BMPC, and they've gone flat-out to show what you can do with itRead more...
17 Jan 2014
The HolyManta variable ND filter fits in between your lens and camera, and gives you variable light attenuation so you can get a narrow depth of field even in bright conditions: snow, for example. Here's the first demo clip we've seenRead more...
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (16200) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6409) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (4405) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (3807) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3667) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (1884) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (881) How to set up your own low cost TV studio!
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1954) Sennheiser Memory Mic: A smartphone mic that works at range
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1531) Here are some essential tips for setting up your grading room
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (1209) Red Giant Complete free for students and teachers, plus monthly option introduced for professionals
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video