03 May 2019
Hollywood is known for its wallet-busting excess. James Cameron, Ridley Scott, Michael Bay, George Lucas and J. J. Abrams have spent billions and billions of dollars between them, making their blockbuster movies. But all of these directors (or at least their visual effects supervisors) know that sometimes the cheapest, simplest trick is the most effective. Here’s a run-down of the…Read more...
03 May 2019
The new world of online on-demand broadcasting could mean the end of traditional broadcasters. Armed with just an Apple TV, can you get your television fix with just a few apps and skip live to air broadcast altogether, right now?Read more...
02 May 2019
Inovativ made so many upgrades to its Scout EVO cart that it decided to rebrand it. The company’s Sam Kj walks us through the new features of the new Voyager EVO.Read more...
02 May 2019
Sound design is an integral part of filmmaking, essential to the point that it is often essential to the art of storytelling. In this soundtrack focus Kevin Hilton dissects Francis Ford Coppola's 1974 film The Conversation. A movie where the soundtrack is well and truly a part of the story.Read more...
It’s all too easy to get caught up talking about cameras, especially when the company you’re featuring is ARRI. But its accessories business is huge and keeps innovating, as Product Manager, Philip Vischer, illustrates.Read more...
30 Apr 2019
Zeiss has released a telephoto addition to its Otus series of f/1.4 high-end lenses..Read more...
29 Apr 2019
Even though monitors can look pretty much the same (they’re mostly black or grey rectangles), there are huge differences between them. Some screens are specifically designed for video makers, which is great news for editors and colorists.Read more...
29 Apr 2019
Matthew Klapman, Global Director of G-Technology, guides us through the latest products released from the company on the NAB 2019 showfloor.Read more...
28 Apr 2019
Kandao's new software uses AI techniques to predict movement to create slow motion of up to 1200fps in post.Read more...
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18931) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16445) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13491) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7217) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (5313) Computational Imaging is coming and will change the face of photography and video
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (70) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (818) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (2862) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1011) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (901) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video