24 Jul 2018
The brand new range of cinematography lenses from ZEISS are the most emotionally intelligent lenses from the German precision optics company. And that means images that filmmakers and audiences will love.Read more...
23 Jul 2018
Sony’s Virtual Production system, announced today, brings the ability to control a multi-camera live stream with nothing more than a web browser (plus, of course, cameras). There’s no physical switcher. This an important moment in the history of live productions, because some day all TV shows will be made like thisRead more...
23 Jul 2018
Cinemartin's 8K Fran camera can now be confirmed as a very real thing. No longer vapourware, the company has released new images of the camera along with some sample video.Read more...
22 Jul 2018
Here's our tribute to the rather heavyweight, yet incredibly adaptable workhorse, the Fisher 10 Dolly. One of the unsung heroes of film and video.Read more...
Shooting 4:3 in 2018? Have we entered a parallel universe? Apparently not. 4:3 would appear to be a good creative decision in the right circumstances. Neil Oseman shares his experiences as a DP going back to square vision.Read more...
20 Jul 2018
Follow YouTube filmmaker Stéphane Couchoud on a shoot as he takes us through the most compelling features of the Sony FS5.Read more...
19 Jul 2018
AJA and Epic Games move games engines into mainstream production by incorporating support for Unreal Engine 4 directly into the Kona 4Read more...
Feature films of days gone past were really quite grainy compared to the pictures produced by a modern digital camera. We didn't complain too much then and just accepted it as part of the look. Should we be placing less emphasis on noise if it means a more emotionally resonant picture is produced?Read more...
- Saturday 4 Aug 2018 - (29501) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Saturday 11 Aug 2018 - (24228) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Monday 6 Aug 2018 - (12957) Cheaper graphics cards? There’s a reason for that
- Friday 3 Aug 2018 - (12012) Can open source software ever compete with commercial alternatives? [opinion]
- Tuesday 14 Aug 2018 - (8041) PXW-Z280: Back to the future with Sony's new 3 sensor masterpiece
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (302) Dell shows off its new laptop cinema experience features
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (388) Has TV-on-demand become too good? [opinion]
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1268) Angelbird RAW ECO SSD: Reliability and speed at an exceptional price
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1205) Watch the recording of RedShark Live with the EVA1 5.7K RAW and live switching with the Atomos Sumo
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (565) What are the most promising technologies we are waiting for?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video