30 Oct 2012
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.Read more...
23 Oct 2012
This has been a long time coming, and we never actually thought we'd see it: a clean HDMI output from the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. What does this mean and why is it important?Read more...
DSLR users have long complained that they can't get clean, unadulterated line outputs suitable for high-quality recording. But the D800 is different. Phil Rhodes tests it with an Atomos Ninja 2 Field RecorderRead more...
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20266) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (17498) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Friday 7 Jun 2019 - (10575) Apple's Mac Pro Afterburner. What just happened?
- Saturday 8 Jun 2019 - (10513) URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 - Our first impressions of this potentially revolutionary camera
- Monday 10 Jun 2019 - (8756) Think the new Mac Pro is too expensive? It isn't.
- Wednesday 19 Jun 2019 - (805) Hasselblad doubles down on medium format
- Wednesday 19 Jun 2019 - (407) Red Giant releases transformational suite of VFX tools for After Effects
- Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 - (711) Sony updates its NX80 and Z90 cameras to simplify live streaming
- Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 - (734) Showreels tell you nothing about how good a camera is [opinion]
- Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 - (1936) If you want to be more cinematic, you should shoot taller, not wider
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video