23 Feb 2013
Drift Innovation, manufacturers of action cameras like the Ghost and the Drift HD, have released a new accessory for timelapse enthusiastsRead more...
23 Feb 2013
Apart from colour saturation, contrast, and a a shallow depth of field, one of the most cinematic things you can do to your images is to film them in a cinematic aspect ratio. And since most sensors come in 16:9, which is widescreen but nowhere near as wide as 2.35 to 1, for example, then the only way to shoot…Read more...
20 Feb 2013
Have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably haveRead more...
We're very excited about this video. It is filmed using HDR (High Dynamic Range) and gives the video a very distinctive look that is entirely appropriate for its subject matter: New York. And it may just be a very important moment in the history of film-makingRead more...
18 Feb 2013
A cloud based studio? Yes it’s possible and is already happeningRead more...
The NEX-EA50EH is an NXCAM Camcorder with a large format Exmor APS-C HD CMOS sensor and interchangeable E-Mount lens system that can shoot in full HD and take 16 megapixel still photos. It comes with the newly developed SEL-P18200 18-200mm Power Zoom E-mount lens with “Optical Steady Shot” image stabilisationRead more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53232) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31468) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27486) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20770) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (12085) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (491) The loss of the Artist controllers is a missed opportunity for Avid [opinion]
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (924) DJI unveils new Ronin-SC gimbal with a focus on travel portability
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (882) This video edited itself!
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (864) Sony gets even tougher with new SD cards and speedy USB hub
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (840) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video