24 Jan 2014
Super slow motion shots always look cool, but this is one of the most creative uses for a high speed camera that I have ever seenRead more...
24 Jan 2014
Here's the proof that you can make a movie with Magic Lantern and a Canon EOS 5D Mk III and no-one will mind at allRead more...
23 Jan 2014
While the rest of the world moves inexorably towards downloading shows that are available on demand, live television still has a vital place in the entertainment repertoireRead more...
23 Jan 2014
When I shot on the D16 last year with Joe and Elle in New York City's Central Park, I was able to get an initial impression of the camera (which I wrote about here.) Now that cameras are shipping to KickStarter backers, I was able to get my hands on one and take to the streets to start shooting!Read more...
18 Jan 2014
One River Media were granted just three hours with a 4K BMPC, and they've gone flat-out to show what you can do with itRead more...
17 Jan 2014
The HolyManta variable ND filter fits in between your lens and camera, and gives you variable light attenuation so you can get a narrow depth of field even in bright conditions: snow, for example. Here's the first demo clip we've seenRead more...
15 Jan 2014
Another fantastic crowd funded film production tool: HolyManta offers a specialized lens adapter that places an adjustable ND filter between your camera and lens for "a convenient way to shoot video in bright daylight and still get Bokeh."Read more...
Having charted the story of VFX in cinema in the first four parts, Andy Stout turns his attention to detailing the various techniques used over the past century, starting with optical effects. Dismiss them at your peril; after all this is how they made 2001Read more...
08 Jan 2014
In August last year we reported on rumors that Panasonic's first 4K camera was likely to be a video-capable still camera, which would probably be called the GH4. Now, it looks like we were right, with a sighting at CESRead more...
- Sunday 24 Nov 2019 - (49604) Why can't there just be one, really good, codec?
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17533) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Tuesday 26 Nov 2019 - (12679) HERO8 Black: GoPro might just have changed the game yet again
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (6639) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (5845) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Saturday 7 Dec 2019 - (399) How to use Resolve's Cut Page for multi-angle editing
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (816) The quality of your cables really does matter
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (2841) Learn precisely how to colour grade in this comprehensive new tutorial series
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (1059) Colour is still incredibly important... even if you are shooting in black & white
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (964) RedShark Connect: Filmmaking on the Move - Holiday Edition!
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video