05 Jun 2014
7 days of filming, 2 days for still photography, 9 locations, 6 camera units, 7 captains, 5 production support boats, 45 crew members; shooting with Arri Alexa, Red Epic, Phantom Flex, Phantom Miro, Sony F3, Techno Dolly, CineflexRead more...
03 Jun 2014
Cheap or vintage lenses, filters and poor focus can easily downgrade your 4K camera's performance to HD or worse!Read more...
03 Jun 2014
A new XDCAM camera from Sony proves that HD still matters in the world of news, documentary and eventsRead more...
30 May 2014
In a webinar produced by the Creative Planet Network, AJA Product Marketing Manager Bryce Button detailed the upcoming CION camera and answered questions, including "when will it arrive?"Read more...
30 May 2014
New types of affordable and lightweight camera mean that there are new types of film making. And the film makers are challenging the skills of "traditional" professionals. Simon Wyndham takes the sport of Kayaking as an exampleRead more...
29 May 2014
A surprise upgrade for Sony's shoulder-mount ENG cameras means they can record HD with the same quality as visually lossless ProResRead more...
This is great fun! Aerial remote drones have enabled film makers on a low budget to branch into previously impossible territory! It may not yet be Hollywood qualitiy, but it's an impressive - and funny - effort!Read more...
27 May 2014
This is a very small camera, but - make no mistake - it's broadcast quality. Panasonic Guru Barry Braverman looks at it in detailRead more...
- Sunday 16 Feb 2020 - (63960) Is 4K pointless, or perfect? Or is it both?
- Friday 7 Feb 2020 - (24626) How to build a fast and affordable RAID array on a budget
- Sunday 9 Feb 2020 - (11332) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Wednesday 5 Feb 2020 - (7947) The Panasonic S series cameras are go anywhere, do anything powerhouses [sponsored]
- Friday 14 Feb 2020 - (6793) This is why Magix Vegas is now a NLE to look out for
- Thursday 20 Feb 2020 - (292) You want pixels? Samsung will put 108 megapixels in your phone
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (604) ROKINON announces new ultra light wide angle XEEN CF cine primes
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (1757) Is Intel back in the game?
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (886) Truly edit on the move. LumaFusion NLE now exports XML to FCP X
- Tuesday 18 Feb 2020 - (737) PolarPro's LiteChaser Pro announced. It's never been a better time to be a mobile creative
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video