03 Jun 2014
A new XDCAM camera from Sony proves that HD still matters in the world of news, documentary and eventsRead more...
30 May 2014
In a webinar produced by the Creative Planet Network, AJA Product Marketing Manager Bryce Button detailed the upcoming CION camera and answered questions, including "when will it arrive?"Read more...
30 May 2014
New types of affordable and lightweight camera mean that there are new types of film making. And the film makers are challenging the skills of "traditional" professionals. Simon Wyndham takes the sport of Kayaking as an exampleRead more...
29 May 2014
A surprise upgrade for Sony's shoulder-mount ENG cameras means they can record HD with the same quality as visually lossless ProResRead more...
This is great fun! Aerial remote drones have enabled film makers on a low budget to branch into previously impossible territory! It may not yet be Hollywood qualitiy, but it's an impressive - and funny - effort!Read more...
27 May 2014
This is a very small camera, but - make no mistake - it's broadcast quality. Panasonic Guru Barry Braverman looks at it in detailRead more...
25 May 2014
The Utah landscape obviously helps to make a jaw-dropping film, but you also need some clever flying kit, and some piloting skills. And the fact that you can now capture it all in 4K makes it more than worthwhileRead more...
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (67310) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42892) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12319) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7923) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (7041) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (513) The Canon EOS 1DX Mark III is even more powerful than we first thought!
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (727) Creamsource Micro Colour: A versatile film light for filming on the go
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (1167) The EF mount is not dead. This is why.
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1291) Major new collaborative tools feature in Premiere Pro update
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1596) FUJIFILM's new X-T200 mixes ease of use with power
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video