24 Jan 2014
Here's the proof that you can make a movie with Magic Lantern and a Canon EOS 5D Mk III and no-one will mind at allRead more...
23 Jan 2014
While the rest of the world moves inexorably towards downloading shows that are available on demand, live television still has a vital place in the entertainment repertoireRead more...
23 Jan 2014
When I shot on the D16 last year with Joe and Elle in New York City's Central Park, I was able to get an initial impression of the camera (which I wrote about here.) Now that cameras are shipping to KickStarter backers, I was able to get my hands on one and take to the streets to start shooting!Read more...
18 Jan 2014
One River Media were granted just three hours with a 4K BMPC, and they've gone flat-out to show what you can do with itRead more...
17 Jan 2014
The HolyManta variable ND filter fits in between your lens and camera, and gives you variable light attenuation so you can get a narrow depth of field even in bright conditions: snow, for example. Here's the first demo clip we've seenRead more...
15 Jan 2014
Another fantastic crowd funded film production tool: HolyManta offers a specialized lens adapter that places an adjustable ND filter between your camera and lens for "a convenient way to shoot video in bright daylight and still get Bokeh."Read more...
Having charted the story of VFX in cinema in the first four parts, Andy Stout turns his attention to detailing the various techniques used over the past century, starting with optical effects. Dismiss them at your peril; after all this is how they made 2001Read more...
08 Jan 2014
In August last year we reported on rumors that Panasonic's first 4K camera was likely to be a video-capable still camera, which would probably be called the GH4. Now, it looks like we were right, with a sighting at CESRead more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39876) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (12818) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6456) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Tuesday 29 Oct 2019 - (5321) The Panasonic Lumix S1H is a "do-it-all" powerhouse
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (3760) How to choose the right GPU for your workstation
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (83) PolarPro's new ultra-light matte box systems are designed with the active shooter in mind
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (467) Smooth shooting: Essential tips for making your next shoot go as efficiently as possible
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (998) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (2698) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (822) The AJA FS-HDR is an outstanding HDR toolbox
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video