05 Jun 2014
7 days of filming, 2 days for still photography, 9 locations, 6 camera units, 7 captains, 5 production support boats, 45 crew members; shooting with Arri Alexa, Red Epic, Phantom Flex, Phantom Miro, Sony F3, Techno Dolly, CineflexRead more...
03 Jun 2014
Cheap or vintage lenses, filters and poor focus can easily downgrade your 4K camera's performance to HD or worse!Read more...
03 Jun 2014
A new XDCAM camera from Sony proves that HD still matters in the world of news, documentary and eventsRead more...
30 May 2014
In a webinar produced by the Creative Planet Network, AJA Product Marketing Manager Bryce Button detailed the upcoming CION camera and answered questions, including "when will it arrive?"Read more...
30 May 2014
New types of affordable and lightweight camera mean that there are new types of film making. And the film makers are challenging the skills of "traditional" professionals. Simon Wyndham takes the sport of Kayaking as an exampleRead more...
29 May 2014
A surprise upgrade for Sony's shoulder-mount ENG cameras means they can record HD with the same quality as visually lossless ProResRead more...
This is great fun! Aerial remote drones have enabled film makers on a low budget to branch into previously impossible territory! It may not yet be Hollywood qualitiy, but it's an impressive - and funny - effort!Read more...
27 May 2014
This is a very small camera, but - make no mistake - it's broadcast quality. Panasonic Guru Barry Braverman looks at it in detailRead more...
25 May 2014
The Utah landscape obviously helps to make a jaw-dropping film, but you also need some clever flying kit, and some piloting skills. And the fact that you can now capture it all in 4K makes it more than worthwhileRead more...
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17892) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Sunday 8 Dec 2019 - (15798) The cinematic camera debate: When are three chips better than one?
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (8219) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (6314) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (4675) Learn precisely how to colour grade in this comprehensive new tutorial series
- Friday 13 Dec 2019 - (155) Speed or reliability: Which is most important in a computer?
- Friday 13 Dec 2019 - (490) The Sensel Morph is an incredibly clever new control surface
- Thursday 12 Dec 2019 - (918) Beware the Frankencamera. It might be costing you more than you think [Opinion]
- Thursday 12 Dec 2019 - (1114) EditMate turns Premiere Pro into a multi-user powerhouse [sponsored]
- Thursday 12 Dec 2019 - (1161) German broadcaster tests 9:16 soccer broadcast
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video