12 Nov 2014
Phil Rhodes wonders what happens now that the best digital camera costs less than the best film camera ever did.Read more...
12 Nov 2014
At IBC, Sony Creative Software has announced two new products to aid in the management of media from Sony Cameras and others, Catalyst Browse and Catalyst Prepare.Read more...
10 Nov 2014
Simon Wyndham answers critics of his positive review of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera as an adventure sports shooter.Read more...
06 Nov 2014
David Fincher's Gone Girl could have used a "traditional" workflow, but opted for the combination of Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC. Here's why:Read more...
06 Nov 2014
We are living in bountiful times. Especially if you're on the lookout for a small camera with a superb lens - and 4K shooting capabilityRead more...
04 Nov 2014
Codex boldly takes its 4K recording system, paired with a Canon C500, where it has never gone before, for a 12 month tour of duty in orbit around the Earth.Read more...
02 Nov 2014
None more open. Mox promises to be an open format based on open standards and will include an open source C++ library to ensure that any program will be able to easily support its files now and forever. Can it work?Read more...
01 Nov 2014
Sony's A7S has a low noise floor which helps it to achieve Sony's claimed 15.3 stops (at least with still shots - and it's not far from that with video). But what does this look like?Read more...
- Sunday 15 Mar 2020 - (61680) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (17671) This clever new algorithm can make 3D objects from 2D photos
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (15920) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (8846) FPGAs are already amazing. This one shows us the future
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (4697) 2020 iPad Pro announced: It's a glimpse of the future
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (572) PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3 "appeals to exactly the productions that need it most"
- Saturday 28 Mar 2020 - (1130) SSL 2+ is a chunky professional audio interface with the irresistible bonus of that “SSL Sound”
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (745) Your computer could be part of valuable research into Covid-19
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (1540) Tourbox: The control surface you can use for anything?
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3032) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video