11 Oct 2012
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.Read more...
10 Oct 2012
We've already reviewed the FS700's slow motion capability and now (thanks to @sonyproeurope for bringing this to our attention) it's been used together with an FS100 to capture the colour and spectacle that is a Coldplay stadium gig.Read more...
09 Oct 2012
In recent memory, it seems there has been one name in the inexpensive sport camcorder market: GoPro. Its HD Hero camera set the bar for quality and versatility at a consumer-friendly price-point.Read more...
I'm the first to admit that we're a little bit addicted to Tilt-Shift - and looks like RedShark readers are too: Keith Loutit's Singapore film that we featured a couple of days ago is the most popular piece we've published.Read more...
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.Read more...
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35469) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17764) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11153) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 5 Mar 2019 - (7224) Surprise unveiling of USB 4.0, and it rivals Thunderbolt 3 speeds
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6073) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (144) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (465) High frame rate cinema, what’s going wrong? [opinion]
- Monday 18 Mar 2019 - (810) Three great optical effects you can create in camera
- Monday 18 Mar 2019 - (1471) Cinemartin has gone and taken its 8K camera with it
- Monday 18 Mar 2019 - (865) SmallHD launches Focus 7
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video