For most people, repetition represents boredom. Doing the same thing again and again means not doing new things. A lack of innovation. An absence of creativity. But sometimes, the ability to repeat something, precisely and consistently, opens up new creative options, and can be instrumental in making something wonderful. Here's a perfect exampleRead more...
12 Mar 2013
With video cameras now sporting 4K video - that's the equivalent of 8 Megapixels, each frame is capable of looking like a pretty decent still photograph. This means that not only can you grab high quality frames from video to use in still image media, it might actually be the best way in the future to do still photography, because…Read more...
Here's a novel thing. Actually, there are lots of clapperboard apps out there, but this one's distinctly different. The coolest thing, if not necessarily the most useful, is that when the sticks at the top of the board are open, you can "see" though them, courtesy of the iPad's on-board cameraRead more...
10 Mar 2013
I’m quite often approached by people holding pictures of the sort of fluorescent lights sold at DIY stores as task lighting, and asked if they’re any good for film and TV work. The answer is, well, maybeRead more...
06 Mar 2013
At RedShark, we love the idea that the increased resolution that 4K offers means that you can use older lenses and capture every nuance of their character - imperfections and allRead more...
04 Mar 2013
How do you make a comic book superhero film set in New York? The answer is that you don't make it in New York. Instead, you shoot it in a green-screen studio in New MexicoRead more...
In between IBC and NAB, most of the newly-announced 4K cameras are on sale. So before the expected avalanche of 4K announcements and previews at NAB, we thought we'd ask Phil Rhodes to run though what you can buy nowRead more...
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (19312) Blackmagic Design's radical new video editor
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (13318) FeiyuTech introduces a new action camera along with innovative gimbal technology
- Friday 5 Apr 2019 - (7348) Ten things not to miss at NAB 2019
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (6298) DaVinci Resolve 16 is here, and make no mistake, this is a big update
- Sunday 7 Apr 2019 - (6008) Sony focuses on extending the capabilities of existing hardware at NAB 2019
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (398) The lion king shows how great modern animation can be
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (2446) DaVinci Resolve 16: Hands on with the new Cut Page
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1319) Sony’s next PlayStation will feature 8K games
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (763) NAB 2019: NewTek adds Tricaster features & more
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1950) HP Optane memory can provide huge capacities, but could eliminate lost work too
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video