04 Aug 2014
We’re in a really odd place at the moment in the evolution of camcorders. Nothing seems straightforward any moreRead more...
04 Aug 2014
Here's how far you can go without using CGI!Read more...
01 Aug 2014
Blackmagic Design's ATEM Switchers Update 6.0 is a free update available with immediate effect and adds support for controlling cameras from ATEM production switchers via the SDI connection with the camera, all of which could lead to some rather cool work.Read more...
01 Aug 2014
First released at NAB earlier this year, the Academy Color Predictor for iOS 7 aims to let you predict and preview the color rendering capabilities of digital cameras under different lighting setups.Read more...
29 Jul 2014
The biggest test for any camera is how it looks in a top-quality cinemaRead more...
25 Jul 2014
Blackmagic Design has been on a tear lately, delivering firmware updates for its cameras at rapid pace. The latest update is for Blackmagic Production Cameras only, yet offers long-awaited features that will eventually trickle down to the entire camera line-up.Read more...
23 Jul 2014
Why the new ProRes update for the Blackmagic cameras is going to change everything for users of the Blackmagic pocket camera and open possibilities to new users who thought it might be out of reach for them too!Read more...
- Sunday 24 Nov 2019 - (49604) Why can't there just be one, really good, codec?
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17531) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Tuesday 26 Nov 2019 - (12678) HERO8 Black: GoPro might just have changed the game yet again
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (6631) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (5844) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Saturday 7 Dec 2019 - (394) How to use Resolve's Cut Page for multi-angle editing
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (807) The quality of your cables really does matter
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (2832) Learn precisely how to colour grade in this comprehensive new tutorial series
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (1056) Colour is still incredibly important... even if you are shooting in black & white
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (964) RedShark Connect: Filmmaking on the Move - Holiday Edition!
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video