18 Dec 2014
The Panasonic HC-X1000 is a great 4K camera but the shooting in 4K and downsampling to HD leads to stunning results!Read more...
17 Dec 2014
Here's a pretty extreme look for a music video. You've never seen footage from a RED Epic look like this. Find out how - and why - it was doneRead more...
15 Dec 2014
In an interesting and, indeed, pioneering new move, UK broadcast hire specialist Procam has brought lens service and manufacturing facility True Lens Services with the aim of being able to not only supply more 35mm glass to the high-end TV market, but also offer a bespoke lens design service as well.Read more...
12 Dec 2014
At a launch event in Los Angeles, ARRI wowed its audience of cinematographers and Hollywood taste-makers with its full-screen presentation of footage from the Alexa 65 and, better yet, hands-on time with the camera.Read more...
11 Dec 2014
Michael Zaletel is a RED Camera user but he also writes apps for the iPhone. He has recently released an App that will let you shoot and edit near 4K Video on an iPhone 5S, for $49.99Read more...
10 Dec 2014
Here's a review of the Samyang 35mm T1.5 cine lens with a Sony F5 camera. This is some of the sharpest footage we've ever seen on Vimeo!Read more...
09 Dec 2014
Panasonic's new Varicam in its 35mm incarnation is looking like a strong competitor to the cinema cameras at the very top of the tree. Here's the footage that stakes its claim to that refined territoryRead more...
- Sunday 16 Feb 2020 - (63960) Is 4K pointless, or perfect? Or is it both?
- Friday 7 Feb 2020 - (24626) How to build a fast and affordable RAID array on a budget
- Sunday 9 Feb 2020 - (11332) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Wednesday 5 Feb 2020 - (7946) The Panasonic S series cameras are go anywhere, do anything powerhouses [sponsored]
- Friday 14 Feb 2020 - (6793) This is why Magix Vegas is now a NLE to look out for
- Thursday 20 Feb 2020 - (269) You want pixels? Samsung will put 108 megapixels in your phone
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (592) ROKINON announces new ultra light wide angle XEEN CF cine primes
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (1719) Is Intel back in the game?
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (871) Truly edit on the move. LumaFusion NLE now exports XML to FCP X
- Tuesday 18 Feb 2020 - (730) PolarPro's LiteChaser Pro announced. It's never been a better time to be a mobile creative
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video