17 Oct 2012
Many users or potential buyers of Sony’s PMW-F3 Super35 sensor camera have expressed some confusion over the implementation of S-Log gamma in the recently-released version 1.4 firmware of the camera. A niche subject but a very popular camcorder. Ned Soltz investigates.Read more...
11 Oct 2012
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.Read more...
10 Oct 2012
We've already reviewed the FS700's slow motion capability and now (thanks to @sonyproeurope for bringing this to our attention) it's been used together with an FS100 to capture the colour and spectacle that is a Coldplay stadium gig.Read more...
09 Oct 2012
In recent memory, it seems there has been one name in the inexpensive sport camcorder market: GoPro. Its HD Hero camera set the bar for quality and versatility at a consumer-friendly price-point.Read more...
I'm the first to admit that we're a little bit addicted to Tilt-Shift - and looks like RedShark readers are too: Keith Loutit's Singapore film that we featured a couple of days ago is the most popular piece we've published.Read more...
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13251) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8578) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7071) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5089) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5084) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (202) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (506) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1637) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1379) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4124) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video