23 Feb 2013
Apart from colour saturation, contrast, and a a shallow depth of field, one of the most cinematic things you can do to your images is to film them in a cinematic aspect ratio. And since most sensors come in 16:9, which is widescreen but nowhere near as wide as 2.35 to 1, for example, then the only way to shoot…Read more...
20 Feb 2013
Have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably haveRead more...
We're very excited about this video. It is filmed using HDR (High Dynamic Range) and gives the video a very distinctive look that is entirely appropriate for its subject matter: New York. And it may just be a very important moment in the history of film-makingRead more...
18 Feb 2013
A cloud based studio? Yes it’s possible and is already happeningRead more...
The NEX-EA50EH is an NXCAM Camcorder with a large format Exmor APS-C HD CMOS sensor and interchangeable E-Mount lens system that can shoot in full HD and take 16 megapixel still photos. It comes with the newly developed SEL-P18200 18-200mm Power Zoom E-mount lens with “Optical Steady Shot” image stabilisationRead more...
14 Feb 2013
Keanu Reeves has moved behind the camera to produce a film. And it's not a drama: it's a documentary that's going to appeal to most of us. It's about the move from film to digital acquisition, with a fair bit of 3D thrown in as wellRead more...
07 Feb 2013
Using just a single RED Epic and a simple 75mm master prime… oh, and an old building crammed with actors, dancers, acrobats, complex lighting, technicians, directors, producers and the film crew, this amazingly complex video was captured at 300 fps in a single shotRead more...
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90712) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (58017) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (22414) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8548) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Wednesday 20 Feb 2019 - (7920) Much faster and better storage is arriving, and it will totally change the way we think about codecs
- Saturday 23 Feb 2019 - (1143) Whatever happened to the 3-chip camera?
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (1192) Don't miss RedShark Connect in Burbank, LA, February 28, 6:30 - 9:30pm: Last few free tickets available!
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (2955) These smart glasses from LetinAR are a big advance for optical AR
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (4959) Is the end getting near for Blu-ray?
- Thursday 21 Feb 2019 - (1099) G-Technology G-Speed Shuttle EV: Here's our extensive video review.
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video