21 Jan 2019
Review: Edelkrone are well known for its innovative take on camera movement devices. Chris Foreman takes a look at the latest iteration of its SliderONE, the SliderONE v2.Read more...
21 Jan 2019
Think about this for a moment, when is the last time you saw a film on a screen that was wider than 16:9?Read more...
19 Jan 2019
BBC television dramas have recently come under criticism for dark cinematography and unintelligable dialogue.Read more...
18 Jan 2019
In what was a surprise to everyone RED has just released a teaser photo of its latest camera, and it looks like a very different beast from the company's previous devices.Read more...
18 Jan 2019
The ever increasing capabilities of cameras at all levels is not an excuse to forget how to use light, and why log highlight roll-off is a myth.Read more...
17 Jan 2019
Before you decide to hand over your well earned cash for that vintage lens you've been after, you might not be getting quite what you bargained for. Phil Rhodes thinks that you should be careful what you wish for.Read more...
16 Jan 2019
Do we really need to keep using 35mm as our baseline for focal lengths, or is there a much better way?Read more...
15 Jan 2019
It's just over 60 years since Canon released its first broadcast lens. Phil Rhodes looks back on a history of lens innovation.Read more...
13 Jan 2019
Well, they are according to the ASC, at least. The American Society of Cinematographers was 100 years old on January 8 and celebrated by publishing its list of the 100 best-photographed movies of the 20th century.Read more...
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20592) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18113) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10903) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6690) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6439) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (333) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (652) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (979) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (588) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4950) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video