22 May 2019
Review: $229 for a quality professional motorised follow focus system? Kevin Luiz thought his eyes were deceiving him at first too. Here's what he thinks of Tilta's Nucleus Nano system.Read more...
21 May 2019
Watch any ‘influencer’ video today and you will see that they are absolutely chock full of silly amateur editing mistakes that no high end broadcaster would ever put up with. Or are they? We take a look at why what would traditionally be a mistake eventually becomes 'style'.Read more...
20 May 2019
SD cards are often seen as the 'low cost' non professional storage solution. It's not really a fair description, and the latest SD Express development means that cards will soon be capable of blazing speeds.Read more...
19 May 2019
Teradek's brand new bolt for Sony VENICE makes wireless video an integral part of the camera.Read more...
17 May 2019
The dark world of the VT operator is further revealed as Simon Anthony recalls more tales of daring do behind the scenes of one of the UKs most famous television exports.Read more...
17 May 2019
Nikon has not been a name that would inspire anyone to think of “movies” in years. Nikon wants to change that.Read more...
16 May 2019
Today's low cost camera equipment is better than the gear television used to use for its high end programming. Yet we rarely remember just how poor the quality of television used to be.Read more...
The VP9 codec from Google has been shown to be every bit an equal, or in some cases better than HEVC. But could rumblings over patents once again stall both it and its successor's progress?Read more...
16 May 2019
Anyone who spent some time hanging around film sets at the end of last year, especially in Northern Ireland, would have seen crew wearing “we survived 40 days of nights” sweatshirts. These commemorated the gruelling schedule (actually spanning 55 days) during which one of the most expansive battle scenes in film and television history was put before the camera. It's…Read more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39851) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (12706) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Monday 28 Oct 2019 - (9300) Jim Jannard's RED made the digital cinema industry what it is today. Here's how.
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6398) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Tuesday 29 Oct 2019 - (5288) The Panasonic Lumix S1H is a "do-it-all" powerhouse
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (187) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (1240) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (588) The AJA FS-HDR is an outstanding HDR toolbox
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (1626) GoPro Telemetry Extractor lets you do cool stuff
- Sunday 10 Nov 2019 - (1947) From Film Lab to Backpack: how colour grading gear is now ultra-portable
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video