18 Sep 2018
Long takes are the calling cards of great directors. Not just any old Joe or Jenny has what it takes to deliver a really meaningful long take. Think of trying to coordinate extras, stunts, locations, lighting, as well as managing the performance and cinematography, and you can start to feel the headache building before we even begin…Read more...
18 Sep 2018
The latest iterations of the iPhone range will no doubt unlock the debate once again as to which phone has the best camera. While the yearly locking of stag horns takes place as various internet commentators emotionally defend their purchasing decisions, it is very easy to forget just how good phone cameras are, even on older models.Read more...
Hard to believe that it is three years since NewTek first announced its Video over IP network technology, NDI, at IBC2015. As Brian Olson, the company’s VP Product Management says though, it is only going from strength to strength with v3.7.Read more...
Consumers have chosen to spend their time watching video on demand. But this massive change in viewing habits hasn’t distracted one of the main players, Netflix, from their mission to be right at the cutting edge of content production for the new age of television.Read more...
15 Sep 2018
Australia’s Atomos has unveiled two new AtomX modules for its highly-anticipated Ninja V 4K HDR monitor/recorder, which is on target to reach stores before the end of the month and also heralds a new version of AtomOS.Read more...
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35502) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17854) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11203) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 5 Mar 2019 - (7256) Surprise unveiling of USB 4.0, and it rivals Thunderbolt 3 speeds
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6220) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (226) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (752) Significant update for iMacs - up to twice the performance
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (978) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera? – Part 2
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (5674) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (1507) High frame rate cinema, what’s going wrong? [opinion]
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video