13 Aug 2019
A breakthrough by Mexican students solves a problem that until now has perplexed the scientific world for thousands of years. And it could make spherical abberations in lenses a thing of the past.Read more...
12 Aug 2019
All lens softness is the same isn't it? Apparently not. Some of it is good, and some of it is bad. Or is it? Phil Rhodes investigates the strange world of subjective lens softness.Read more...
12 Aug 2019
It took the video world by surprise last week, and we have our hands on one of the first. Here's a first look at the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K.Read more...
11 Aug 2019
Those words will either evoke a twinge, possibly a tear, of nostalgia or a baffled shrug. It might sound like a relic from Britain’s colonial days, but it was neither made of rubber nor meant to enumerate it. It was, however, once an essential part of film post production.Read more...
09 Aug 2019
Having first taken the covers off its new standalone Ki Pro GO at NAB, AJA has announced the H.264 device is now shipping.Read more...
09 Aug 2019
Tell us about you, and your thoughts and suggestions about RedShark. And maybe win a US$500 Adorama voucherRead more...
08 Aug 2019
Hugely significant new EF-mount 6K camera and more...Read more...
07 Aug 2019
Teradek's new Bolt 4K is about to make its European debut at this years IBC Show. The fact it even exists shows just how far we've come. James Richings explainsRead more...
06 Aug 2019
Whether you're a couch potato or an active lifestyler, I think we can all agree that surfing is cool. And it doesn't get much cooler looking than this, and it's guaranteed to bring extra sunshine to your summer. But don't underestimate the risks of taking such footage.Read more...
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42773) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12133) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7754) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (6931) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (4858) Here are our picks of the best tech at CES 2020
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020 - (224) Why can't we just have one lens mount?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (614) iRig Pro Duo I/O: A Dual audio interface that fits into your pocket
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (2805) The HP DreamColor Z31x Studio: The perfect budget precision colour grading monitor?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (1929) Here's a great example of how you can make a living from low budget filmmaking
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4679) What's it like to own the original ARRI Alexa?
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video