What do you do when you find a box full of junk parts at a swap meet? Create a lens which gives you amazing images of course! That’s what wild video producer Mathieu Stern did just recently, and the image results are pretty impressive.Read more...
Having spent over a decade writing about HD before making the jump to actually buying a set, I decided to hitch up to the Ultra HD bandwagon a bit earlier this time round. So, what’s it like having 4K in the home?Read more...
With the smartphone becoming steadily more and more ubiquitous, it's even managing to worm it's way into areas of our life where it can replace bits of kit once deemed essential. The light meter is a case in point.Read more...
One of the cooler stories from last week's NAB that may have passed many people by was the interesting annoucement that the latest camera to receive support from Newtek is the JVC KY-PZ100. Production can now get seriously remoteRead more...
After previews at NAB last year, this time round in Vegas Taiwan's Bokkeh released its new Bokkelux new lens set of five prime lenses for a very nice and attention-grabbing price of $14,980. Individual primes can be bought for $3000.Read more...
01 May 2017
One of the stand-out areas at NAB 2017 was Japanese broadcaster NHK's 8K Theater, which showed just how fantastic 8K will look when the broadcaster starts piping it into Japanese homes around the 2020 Olympiad.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47464) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8409) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6873) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (556) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (557) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1350) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1883) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3616) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video