03 Sep 2019
Well, someone has done exactly that and the result has been highly acclaimed. We look at some of the logic behind our technological choices. Analogue systems give us fewer options – but that’s why we like them.Read more...
02 Sep 2019
Sometimes it seems that we are in a perpetual firmware update cycle. If you feel like you are, you're not alone. Why is this?Read more...
01 Sep 2019
This is the difficult second album of Aputure’s widely adored hard light range. As such, it has to extend what came before, so it’ll be something new, but it also has to solve the same sorts of problems. How much better is the Aputure COB-300d MkII than the Mk1?Read more...
30 Aug 2019
VR is something that divides opinion. But when it is combined with the Unreal games engine, it is transformed into a cutting edge film sequence visualisation tool, complete with virtual cameras. This is the future, now.Read more...
29 Aug 2019
BVE was one of the highlights on the UK calandar if you couldn't make NAB or IBC. Alas the show is no more, at least in its original form. What now for the future of one the UKs biggest video technology expos?Read more...
29 Aug 2019
Sony has announced two new cameras in its ALPHA 6000 APS-C sensor series, the ALPHA α6100 and ALPHA α6600. Accompanying this introduction is the announcement of two APS-C lenses, E 16-55 f/2.8 G and E 70-350 f/4.5-6.3 G.Read more...
28 Aug 2019
Without a doubt, mirrorless cameras have taken over the camera world. Here are four exceptional models that are available for under $1000.Read more...
28 Aug 2019
News of the death of the DSLR have been greatly exaggerated. Today Canon has announced both the EOS 90D, and a new mirrorless model, the EOS M6 Mark II.Read more...
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42775) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12133) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7755) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (6932) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (4859) Here are our picks of the best tech at CES 2020
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020 - (240) Why can't we just have one lens mount?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (623) iRig Pro Duo I/O: A Dual audio interface that fits into your pocket
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (2839) The HP DreamColor Z31x Studio: The perfect budget precision colour grading monitor?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (1964) Here's a great example of how you can make a living from low budget filmmaking
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4711) What's it like to own the original ARRI Alexa?
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video