27 Nov 2012
Our series of articles on Framerates was extremely popular and some of you have written to us with your opinions on the subject. Here's what RedShark reader Scott Hooson thinks. While his views may have some of you reaching for your tin-foil hats, Scott's background in experimental pyschology and forensics suggests that we should at least hear what he has…Read more...
There seems to be no limit to the minutiae that can be displayed in a camera’s viewfinder. Focal distance, zoom percentage, date and time, battery condition, shutter, and umpteen other things, all contribute to the clutter; indeed, there is no shortage of miscellany that can obscure the viewing image and the edges of the frameRead more...
Can you make a feature film with an iPhone? Well, "yes" is the answer if you don't mind a slightly fuzzy-looking picture on a big screen, and if you sit far enough away, but you can certainly get a cinematic "look" if you use cinema-type techniques when you make your film, and some software to give your work its finishing…Read more...
15 Nov 2012
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.Read more...
11 Nov 2012
Should still photographers stick to what they know best? This contraversial viewfrom Photographer Nick RainsRead more...
Atomos, the Melbourne, Austraila - based company, has finally shipped their Connect converters. These are small, battery-powered gadgets for converting HDMI to HDSDI and vice-versa - with a few extra tricks hidden inside their compact packaging.Read more...
31 Oct 2012
More hyper-realistic CGI, with innovative motion capture techniquesRead more...
30 Oct 2012
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47464) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8408) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6872) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (550) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (554) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1344) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1880) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3614) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video