20 Sep 2019
What you can do with the camera in your pocket today is just the tip of the iceberg of what it will do tomorrow.Read more...
19 Sep 2019
The Canon DP-V2420 is a highly featured HDR production monitor at a price that makes it very attractive to broadcasters that might, literally, need them by the truck load.Read more...
18 Sep 2019
Performance capture is one of the fastest growing areas of film production, and is increasingly blurring the boundaries between what has traditionally been called CGI or SFX and real world, nuanced acting. We exclusively interviewed actor, director and producer Andy Serkis at IBC to gain his insights into this most fascinating area of film production and to find out where…Read more...
17 Sep 2019
Sony has been using the phrase “beyond definition” in promotional literature for a while, and it’s a very apposite slogan. We hardly need to say that more pixels aren’t really a priority anymore, at least for conventional film and TV (VR differs.) But the adoption rate for UHD makes for interesting reading.Read more...
16 Sep 2019
David Shapton and Bas Goossens look back on Day Three at IBC2019 and discuss our interview with actor Andy Serkis (coming up soon), Adobe Sensei, the Panasonic S1H and the importance of integrating IT in your video workflow.Read more...
15 Sep 2019
A typically busy IBC at the Atomos stand, with a stunningly bright firmware upgrade for the Shogun 7 as well as all manner of new capabilities for the Panasonic Lumix S1H, Sony FX9, and Nikon Z 7 and Z 6 cameras.Read more...
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42778) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12136) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7756) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (6933) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4866) If you love electronic music, you'll love this
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020 - (260) Why can't we just have one lens mount?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (642) iRig Pro Duo I/O: A Dual audio interface that fits into your pocket
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (2881) The HP DreamColor Z31x Studio: The perfect budget precision colour grading monitor?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (1991) Here's a great example of how you can make a living from low budget filmmaking
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4740) What's it like to own the original ARRI Alexa?
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video