14 Jun 2017
Panavision’s new set of lenses not only have an accent on creativity and artistic expression but, at T/1.8, they also happen to be the fastest lenses available for large sensor cinematography.Read more...
13 Jun 2017
Tokyo-based post facility Digital Garden was briefed to create an 8K HDR video for a global technology client. This is how they did it.Read more...
12 Jun 2017
With the rapid integration of the Fairlight digital Audio Engine into Resolve 14, does this mean that Blackmagic has ambitions to become a major audio company?Read more...
11 Jun 2017
Currently a big hit on Kickstarter, Arsenal is billed as the first intelligent assistant for DSLR and mirrorless cameras and couples ultralight hardware with an impressively fully-featured iOS or Android app.Read more...
10 Jun 2017
RedShark Replay: Those watching last year's Rio 2016 Olympic coverage closely will have noticed the assembled press photographers were sporting a mix of black and white lenses. It's not just a design choice either.Read more...
09 Jun 2017
Bigger pixels give brighter pictures, but more pixels give more detail. So, which is the better approach when it comes to choosing new kit?Read more...
08 Jun 2017
Away from the major tradeshow cycle, there are any number of smaller events that have grabbed themselves deserved places on the calendar and offer something a bit more niche and perhaps a bit more special too. New York's Sight, Sound & Story this weekend is one of them.Read more...
08 Jun 2017
Sigma and Tokina have long held reputations for making lenses you'd buy for your Nikon or Canon camera when you couldn't afford "the real thing" but still needed some okay glass to shoot with. That is changing as new models become more than viable first choice lenses.Read more...
07 Jun 2017
Every so often, we take a look at which gear is getting ready to peak over the horizon and there’s no better place to find new tech for shooting film and video than sites like Kickstarter and its ilk. So what’s grabbing our attention this time around?Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47464) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8409) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6873) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (557) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (558) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1351) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1883) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3616) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video