08 Nov 2018
As if we need more proof that the camera you have access to isn't one of the main stumbling blocks to making a cinema worthy film any more, we take a look back at one of the best action movies of the last decade. And it was shot using a camera that pretty much anyone could buy. We are of…Read more...
08 Nov 2018
Filmmaker IQ has released a new video which drills deep into the science and practicalities of dynamic range. For several years now, dynamic range has been a major specification by which all new cameras are judged, but there is still plenty of confusion out there about what exactly it is and how to make the best use of it. This…Read more...
07 Nov 2018
The Rory Peck Awards celebrates the work of filmmakers working in the most extreme circumstances. Roland Denning covered the event, and found that the art of making films that matter is still well and truly alive.Read more...
06 Nov 2018
There are now a few options on the market for a Blackmagic Design P4K cage, but this one from Tilta could well be the most impressive we've seen for any camera!Read more...
06 Nov 2018
A perfect Halloween story: The BBC’s Inside No. 9 took mixed media storytelling to a new level with a ‘haunted’ live show, ‘Dead Line’, that included social media and even national newspapers in its set up.Read more...
05 Nov 2018
Bohemian Rhapsody hit cinemas across the UK recently. Directed by Bryan Singer of X-Men and The Usual Suspects fame, the film charts the story of Queen from their formation in 1970 to their triumphant Live Aid set in 1985, with plenty of their classic rock hits along the way. An Oscar-baiting Rami Malek (from Amazon’s Mr Robot) stars as larger-than-life…Read more...
If even there was a perfect story for RedShark, it is probably this: a RED Helium 8K camera has been in use up on the International Space Station and now, for the very first time, you can watch 8K video shot in orbit.Read more...
03 Nov 2018
3-axis gimbals revolutionised the idea of getting stable shots without any lengthy Steadicam training, but there's a couple of rather sizable elephants in the room, the need for five axes and full, easy motion control. And there aren't any big leaps being made to solve them.Read more...
02 Nov 2018
Despite all the advancements in digital technology some of us still do have an inner desire to shoot film. It's almost like a right of passage for someone who deals with moving images. Super 8 is often the go-to format for people on a budget, but Phil Rhodes disagrees and thinks that you should jump right into 16mm. Here's why.Read more...
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90711) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (58017) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (22413) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8548) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Wednesday 20 Feb 2019 - (7915) Much faster and better storage is arriving, and it will totally change the way we think about codecs
- Saturday 23 Feb 2019 - (1133) Whatever happened to the 3-chip camera?
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (1191) Don't miss RedShark Connect in Burbank, LA, February 28, 6:30 - 9:30pm: Last few free tickets available!
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (2948) These smart glasses from LetinAR are a big advance for optical AR
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (4950) Is the end getting near for Blu-ray?
- Thursday 21 Feb 2019 - (1099) G-Technology G-Speed Shuttle EV: Here's our extensive video review.
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video