07 Oct 2019
Bas Goossens says he’s pretty excited about Blackmagic Design’s new ATEM Mini live production switcher, and he’s got every reason to be.Read more...
06 Oct 2019
Ever larger sensors now mean that we might need to redefine what is expected of video zoom lens design, and it's all down to those pesky laws of physics.Read more...
04 Oct 2019
In a recent piece for RedShark, Simon Wyndham asked What's wrong with stills style cameras for video? Here's Roland Denning's counter article.Read more...
04 Oct 2019
Sony has just announced the long-rumored and anticipated next generation A9 series mirrorless camera, the Alpha A9 II.Read more...
03 Oct 2019
The Panasonic S1 isn't advertised as having dual base ISO like its more cinema focussed sibling, the S1H. But then a video appeared puporting to show just such a capability. Is what we think is going on... going on?Read more...
02 Oct 2019
Review: We take a look at Nikon's all-in-one Filmmaker's Kit, a package designed to get you production ready from the off with the company's Z 6 mirrorless camera.Read more...
01 Oct 2019
Some of Kino-Flo’s lights have, for a while, allowed the user to select the camera in use. As far as we know, Kino is the only company to offer this. Why is it important and is it something other manufacturers need to do?Read more...
01 Oct 2019
Every year at IBC we make awards to those companies who we think have made significant advances, or that have introduced groundbreaking new technology into the industry. Sometimes the advancements seem subtle, but what they offer is something much more than the sum of their parts. This is our roundup of this years winners of the IBC 2019 RedShark Awards.Read more...
30 Sep 2019
He was the first production sound recordist, and he was the first ever production sound mixer. Without his work, movie sound techniques as we know them might not have existed. This is a look back on one of the most important people in film sound, George Robert Groves.Read more...
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42775) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12133) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7754) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (6931) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (4859) Here are our picks of the best tech at CES 2020
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020 - (235) Why can't we just have one lens mount?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (621) iRig Pro Duo I/O: A Dual audio interface that fits into your pocket
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (2829) The HP DreamColor Z31x Studio: The perfect budget precision colour grading monitor?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (1953) Here's a great example of how you can make a living from low budget filmmaking
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4703) What's it like to own the original ARRI Alexa?
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video