13 Jul 2017
While the ability for Millennial culture to embrace retro aesthetics seemingly knows no bounds, it might struggle to be quite so enthusiastic about recreating some of the limitations that pre-digital technology imposed.Read more...
Christopher Nolan's forthcoming Dunkirk is notable for a lot more than simply featuring Harry Styles: it's also Nolan's first film to be shot entirely large format - and that includes a lot of handheld IMAX shots with a 54lb camera.Read more...
13 Jul 2017
360 video is either the future or a bubble in all senses of the word, depending on who you talk to. Is there a chance though that it’s just another capture mode that leads to improved 2D images?Read more...
12 Jul 2017
NewTek proves that good things come in threes, with the announcement of an IP-Native camera, new - and wireless - video to IP converters, and the release of version 3.0 of NDI.Read more...
12 Jul 2017
Even security cameras are now making use of 4K sensors and advanced technology. The Nest Cam IQ from Nest which is a subdivision of Alphabet (Google’s parent company) has a 1/2.5-inch 4K sensor and a six core Qualcomm CPU.Read more...
RedShark Review: Designed to connect to the back of a GoPro Hero 3 plus or Hero 4, CamDo Solutions’ Blink controller can offer complete control over the time lapse feature of your GoPro and more.Read more...
10 Jul 2017
Large format cinematography is in high demand in today’s cinema production landscape. In Part One of our look at this growing field, Adam Hamer looks at the sensors and lenses that are powering it.Read more...
There has been a lot of discussion on these pages recently about what makes a film ‘cinematic’, centred around cameras, lenses, grading, lighting and the age-old debate of photochemical film versus digital. It’s all missing something obvious: space.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47464) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8409) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6874) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (559) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (558) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1355) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1883) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3620) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video