Sony launches new handheld NXCAM professional camcorder to bring benefits and high cost performance to a wider professional market.
Basingstoke, June 2nd 2015: Sony has today announced the HXR-NX100, the latest addition to its NXCAM range of professional camcorders with high technology and cost performance. Sony has combined stunning picture quality, easy operability and a wide selection of recording formats into a device that supports multiple choices for a range of professional applications, from events to documentaries.
The HXR-NX100 features a 1.0 type Exmor® R back-illuminated CMOS Sensor with 20 megapixels. The sensor, which is approximately the same size as a Super 16mm film frame, delivers high resolution, low noise and stunning picture quality even in low light conditions, as well as offering more depth of field control as demanded by today’s diverse shooting requirements. Stunning picture quality is further ensured by a fixed Sony G lens, offering 12x optical zoom from 29mm angle of view at wide end that can be increased to 24x with Clear Image Zoom, while retaining full resolution thanks to By Pixel Super Resolution Technology. Furthermore, zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a Digital Extender by up to 48x. These features, combined with built-in 4-step ND filter, mean the HXR-NX100 is well prepared to capture quality content in any environment.
The HXR-NX100 is ergonomically designed to give a lightweight and easy-to-use form factor that ensures quality, reliability and peace of mind during any type of shoot. Three independent manual lens rings give simple access to zoom, focus and iris functions. The camcorder also provides a wide variety of connectivity options including HDMI, Multi/Micro USB, XLR terminals, REMOTE, Composite (BNC) and Multi Interface (MI) Shoe, which allows for a wide range of accessories without the need for cables, such as the HVL-LBPC Video Light and the UWP-D wireless microphone series.
Further extending the recording flexibility of the Sony NXCAM range, the HXR-NX100 is able to record in AVCHD, DV and XAVC S 50Mbps for multiple choices and high quality images. Operational flexibility is maximised by recording onto affordable and readily available consumer memory cards. The HXR-NX100 features dual media slots, which enables recording onto two memory cards either simultaneously or via a relay mode, where recording automatically switches when the first card is full.
“The HXR-NX100 brings the very best in resolution, depth of field control and low light performance thanks to its big 1.0-type Exmor R CMOS sensor, allowing content creators to capture beautiful images in any environment,” said Robbie Fleming, Product Marketing Manager at Sony Professional Solutions Europe. “Its ergonomic design ensures comfortable handling and the ability to record in XAVC S 50Mbps means the camcorder delivers quality content across a range of shoots, such as events and corporate videos. In the HXR-NX100, professionals have a versatile camcorder that lets them concentrate on doing what they love, with minimum hassle.”
Key features of the HXR-NX100
● 1.0 type Exmor® R CMOS Sensor and Sony G lens for stunning picture quality. High sensitivity and fantastic resolution with 20 megapixel sensor and sophisticated Sony G lens deliver striking detail, colours and wide dynamic range, even in low light conditions (minimum illumination 1.7 Lux *)
* NTSC model: 1/30 second shutter speed, Iris and gain Auto.
PAL model : 1/25 second shutter speed, Iris and gain Auto
● Maximum 48x zoom for wide range shooting. The lens offers a 12x Optical Zoom from 29mm angle of view at wide end, which can be increased to 24x with Clear Image Zoom while retaining full resolution thanks to By Pixel Super Resolution Technology. Zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a Digital Extender up to 48x.
● Three independent manual lens rings, built-in 4-step ND filter and other professional functions. Manual lens rings ensure intuitive control of zoom, focus and iris and the built-in 4-step ND filter helps to control exposure in bright scenes. Other professional features include 0.24 type 1550K dots EVF and 3.5 type 1550K dots LCD for easy monitoring, and a wide variety of professional interfaces, including HDMI, Multi/Micro USB, XLR terminals, REMOTE, Composite (BNC) and Multi Interface (MI) Shoe, delivering a seamless integration for video light and wireless audio.
● Breadth of recording format capabilities. The camcorder provides multiple choices including AVCHD and DV which are suitable for conventional workflow, and newly implemented XAVC S 50Mbps which delivers better image quality especially for professional needs.
● Dual media slots for recording flexibility. Two memory card slots enable various recording options such as backup, simultaneous, relay and independent recording. The camcorder is compatible with SDXC and SDHC cards as well as Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo. “SIMUL” mode permits simultaneous recording to two memory cards, while “RELAY” mode automatically switches recording from the first to the second memory card when the first is full. The user can also use buttons on the camcorder to independently start and stop recording on different memory cards.
The HXR-NX100 will available in Oct 2015.