16 Aug 2018
Where are the jet packs?! Sometimes technology headlines promise a lot, but the reality often falls short of the dream. Phil Rhodes takes a look at some products that never seem to materialise, and some that might.Read more...
16 Aug 2018
With all the headline-grabbing news about large sensor cameras with interchangable lenses over the last few years, it's easy to forget that "traditional" video cameras with fixed (ie non-interchangable) lenses have their advantages too.Read more...
14 Aug 2018
Gear review: If you could make a Sony EX1 into a 4K camera, would you buy one? Read on because Sony's PXW-Z280 could be just what you're looking for.Read more...
10 Aug 2018
It's Saturday, so it must be time for some eye candy! So feast your eyes on this amazing footage from Morocco, all in 8K 60fps.Read more...
09 Aug 2018
RedShark Review: The Ronin-S is DJIs first single handled gimbal for DSLRs and mirrorless cameras up to 3.6kg. Read our review as we take it through its paces.Read more...
08 Aug 2018
Don't become an external recorder horror story statistic. Follow these guidelines and you'll be well on your way to recorded footage nirvana.Read more...
HDR promises to be one of the biggest advancements in picture quality in a very long time. But it is living up to the hype, and is it really giving us the increases in quality that were expected?Read more...
06 Aug 2018
Shooting stock footage is all about getting additional revenue for your business. Here are some tips for making stock video while minimising the expense.Read more...
- Saturday 4 Aug 2018 - (29501) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Saturday 11 Aug 2018 - (24228) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Monday 6 Aug 2018 - (12957) Cheaper graphics cards? There’s a reason for that
- Friday 3 Aug 2018 - (12013) Can open source software ever compete with commercial alternatives? [opinion]
- Tuesday 14 Aug 2018 - (8045) PXW-Z280: Back to the future with Sony's new 3 sensor masterpiece
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (333) Dell shows off its new laptop cinema experience features
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (394) Has TV-on-demand become too good? [opinion]
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1289) Angelbird RAW ECO SSD: Reliability and speed at an exceptional price
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1215) Watch the recording of RedShark Live with the EVA1 5.7K RAW and live switching with the Atomos Sumo
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (568) What are the most promising technologies we are waiting for?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video