20 Aug 2019
Review: The Shogun 7 from Atomos is one of the first products from the company to use its Dynamic AtomHDR zoned backlight IPS LCD technology. It's definitely a mouthful to say, but what's it like to use for real?Read more...
19 Aug 2019
The use of IP for all phases of digital media production continues to be a major topic of interest. Deciding what path is being taken into the future differs considerably depending on what type of organization is involved.Read more...
16 Aug 2019
The two Star Trek series Deep Space Nine and Voyager are still not available in HD. Both were shot on film and could be beautifully remastered in exactly the same way as the first two series produced under the Star Trek banner. It hasn’t happened and it doesn’t look like there’s any realistic chance of it happening. Why?Read more...
16 Aug 2019
Review: We take a look at K-Tek's fully featured Stingray audio backpack. Anything can happen in the next half hour...Read more...
15 Aug 2019
The seamless melding of virtual sets with real cameras is on the rise, and the results are indistiguishable from reality.Read more...
13 Aug 2019
A breakthrough by Mexican students solves a problem that until now has perplexed the scientific world for thousands of years. And it could make spherical abberations in lenses a thing of the past.Read more...
12 Aug 2019
All lens softness is the same isn't it? Apparently not. Some of it is good, and some of it is bad. Or is it? Phil Rhodes investigates the strange world of subjective lens softness.Read more...
12 Aug 2019
It took the video world by surprise last week, and we have our hands on one of the first. Here's a first look at the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K.Read more...
11 Aug 2019
Those words will either evoke a twinge, possibly a tear, of nostalgia or a baffled shrug. It might sound like a relic from Britain’s colonial days, but it was neither made of rubber nor meant to enumerate it. It was, however, once an essential part of film post production.Read more...
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (33933) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (13909) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11127) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10520) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7864) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (615) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (370) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2019!
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (647) Increasing diversity in the VFX industry - there's a long way to go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (2685) Atomos Shogun 7 - Is this the best on-camera monitor-recorder you can buy?
- Monday 19 Aug 2019 - (1499) Video over IP is the last standard you'll ever need [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video