Post & VFX
RedShark Christmas Replay: There's a quality to the cinema experience that 'cinema feel' people discuss in relation to depth of field, grain, contrast and other image characteristics, all of which have changed significantly with digitalisation. But why? Guest Author John Clark delves into frame rates and the science of perception.Read more...
20 Dec 2017
RedShark review: Can the new MacOS based Pixelmator Pro be a viable image editing alternative to the industry king? Read on to find out.Read more...
19 Dec 2017
Take the look of your work to a whole new level by incorporating Motion Graphics templates into your projects.Read more...
18 Dec 2017
Replay: How often do people really take the time to explain the real basics? With stuff like colour correction, while you can and should rely on your eyes and a good, colour-calibrated monitoring system, you also need to make sure that your graded output is technically OK, or it might be rejected by your clientRead more...
15 Dec 2017
RedShark Review: If you need to create a lot of titles as well as working quickly, the latest Titler Pro 6 from NewBlueFX could be just the ticket.Read more...
07 Dec 2017
RedShark Replay: How would you go about editing a film that would normally take three days, in just three hours? Jonny Elwyn has some cogent advice.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13254) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8583) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7074) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5097) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5090) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (253) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (527) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1668) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1400) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4157) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video