Post & VFX
28 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton talked to Evan Groenke, Product Manager Desktop Discrete Graphics, on the NAB 2017 showfloor about just how powerful the company's new Radeon Pro Duo graphics card is.Read more...
24 Apr 2017
Blackmagic claims that a complete back-end rewrite now means that the new Davinci Resolve 14 is up to 10 times faster than before. Not only that but, following the acquisition of Fairlight last year, it will also feature the full Fairlight audio engine.Read more...
22 Apr 2017
The first fruit of Pond5’s Global Partner Program is almost the definition of a win-win, and should see Adobe CC users gain access to an enhanced library of video clips, while clip creators themselves get to access a fecund global marketplace.Read more...
19 Apr 2017
Adobe has announced a significant update to the Creative Cloud suite. And rather than announcing updates which would then deliver later in the spring following NAB, these product updates are available immediately.Read more...
19 Apr 2017
You just shot your latest project in 4K. Now you need to edit it. That is, of course, where the fun really begins. But there is a solution to all the problems that may crop up. First of all though, let’s break down some of the requirements for your project: - You have some stock HD footage you want to…Read more...
18 Apr 2017
FilmLight is looking to grow its user base with a new free edition which is at turns more curated and more involved than its rivals. By Matt GregoryRead more...
RedShark Review: Noise is a problem, especially with small-sensor cameras. VideoDenoise is a new $49 noise reduction plug-in for Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro from CrumplePop that claims to beat noise efficiently, using a simple interface. Erik Vlietinck tested it out alongside Red Giant’s Denoiser III and the older Photon Pro plug-in.Read more...
12 Apr 2017
One of the interesting stories we uncovered while wandering around CABSAT with a video camera was that the Dubai Tourist Board had just signed a deal to buy a fairly major Editshare system via local reseller UBMS.Read more...
11 Apr 2017
Phil Rhodes explains how to create smoke and other mist effects using real world devices in part three of his series on physical effects.Read more...
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55728) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (54018) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51610) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11175) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 9 Jan 2018 - (6367) Hands-on with the Panasonic GH5S
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (376) Investigating timelapse workflows [video]
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (883) Hasselblad’s new HD6-400c: a 400 megapixel multi-shot beast
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (1706) Shooting The Expanse on Cooke 5/i Primes
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1071) NewTek converters and cameras learn new tricks
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1540) CES 2018: essential releases, trends & more
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video