Post & VFX
Opinion: Final Cut Pro X might have driven swarms of editors into the arms of Apple’s rivals, but with FCPX 10.3 Apple finally delivered on the promise of the software and, if you edit, you owe it to yourself to leave your preconceptions at the door and check it out. By Khaled Spiewak.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
The most recent cinematic foray into the Star Wars universe resurrects Peter Cushing's Tarkin from the original films, but did the computer generated version of the beloved actor span the dreaded Uncanny Valley? By Joe Foster.Read more...
30 Dec 2016
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080,…Read more...
29 Dec 2016
Our countdown hits the Top Three with proof that anything related to Final Cut Pro X is an incredibly popular - not to mention at times sensitive - topic out there. As Clayton Moore wrote in July, the software had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s…Read more...
28 Dec 2016
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.Read more...
19 Dec 2016
In our last two articles (here and here) we’ve shown you how shared storage is the way to go. This time, we’re going to look at how setting up shared storage can be troublesome - but it doesn’t have to be with today’s smart shared storage products.Read more...
15 Dec 2016
The most recent update to Blackmagic's popular colour grading and editing software, Davinci Resolve, leverages the Touch Bar on the new Macbook Pro and brings other new features.Read more...
12 Dec 2016
Not everyone likes meetings, but getting a bunch of people together in a room with a whiteboard is an almost unbeatably effective way to share information. Everyone sees data and ideas at the same time, and there’s instant feedback. So why don't more editors do it?Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47464) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8410) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6874) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (560) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (558) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1358) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1885) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3622) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video