Post & VFX
06 Nov 2012
The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.Read more...
If you’re a sports cinematographer and don’t have access to a high frame rate film or video camera, you’ve probably experimented with motion interpolation to create slow motion from video captured at a normal speed. Gary Hango looks at some new uses.Read more...
24 Oct 2012
This Month there has been a lot of chatter on the Visual effects social media channels about the new iPad app, Setellite, that was released a few weeks ago. HaZ, our VFX correspondent talked to the developers in AmsterdamRead more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13254) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8583) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7073) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5096) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5089) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (251) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (525) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1668) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1399) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4154) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video