Post & VFX
11 Apr 2018
Deluxe is a name long associated with big budget movies. But now the company has a new service that will allow productions of all budgets to use its prost production workflow tools.Read more...
10 Apr 2018
Our NAB 2018 coverage continues apace with this interview with Frame.io Co-founder Emery Wells about the new features of the hugely popular client review and approval service.Read more...
09 Apr 2018
Following on from it’s recent upgrade announcement Frame.io has some further surprises for us with new macOS integration.Read more...
07 Apr 2018
RedShark Replay: Roland Denning profiles the way that technology has changed the editing process from the times when machines like the tape splicer above were cutting edge.Read more...
05 Apr 2018
With its inclusion of ProRes RAW, Apple has just announced what could be the most important update to Final Cut Pro X so far, and it could be industry changing.Read more...
03 Apr 2018
Adobe has released its Spring 2018 update to Adobe Creative Cloud bringing support for Sony's X-OCN, Canon Cinema Raw Light, and RED IPP2 amongst many other features.Read more...
30 Mar 2018
In this ever-changing industry of ours, one thing is constant: there’s always more to learn. New video making techniques come and go and it’s crucial to keep up with the latest trends and developments.Read more...
28 Mar 2018
New Flow and Pulse tools from Wipster offer easy to view analytics and new project management toolsRead more...
15 Mar 2018
RedShark review: We take a look at Red Giant's comprehensive Universe 2.2 effects plugin, an effects suite that takes retro very seriously.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13253) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8580) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5095) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5088) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (228) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (519) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1654) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1392) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4142) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video