Post & VFX
04 Aug 2017
RedShark Review: The CalDigit TS3 Thunderbolt Station has an edge. Not only does it provide 85W charging power on one of its ports to Apple's Thunderbolt 3 MacBook, but it's also tiny compared to others. And it can be positioned upright on its edge, saving space on your desk.Read more...
01 Aug 2017
Blackmagic's heavy duty 3D compositing and VFX package, Fusion, has reached version 9, and it's a big upgrade.Read more...
RedShark Review: As Apple's iOS platform becomes more powerful, applications for it begin to rival the power and complexity of desktop software. LumaFusion is a recently introduced nonlinear video editing product from Luma Touch and it's rapidly on the way to becoming a viable alternative.Read more...
26 Jul 2017
RedShark Review: Freelance colorist Warren Eagles produced a series of ground-breaking online colour grading courses on Resolve a decade ago. Now he's back, with three more courses built upon Resolve 14.Read more...
Watching this well-wrapped camera operator and their equally well-wrapped camera get doused in a torrent of red liquid, you realise that the latest behind the scenes video for Star Wars Episode 8 shows that it's going to be all about the large scale practical effects.Read more...
14 Jul 2017
Affinity Photo is a strong competitor for Adobe’s Photoshop CC product on the Mac and now, at $19.99, it’s an equally strong alternative for Adobe’s Photoshop on the iOS platform.Read more...
RedShark Review: So, we know you can now get a cut-down version of Avid Media Composer for free. But is it any good? Arthur Ditner has been driving the full-fat version for a decade and he reckons it is very much worth the download.Read more...
30 Jun 2017
If you want a dramatic illustration of how much the industry has changed over the past few years, the free version of Avid Media Composer is as good a starting point as any.Read more...
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55728) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (54018) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51608) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11175) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 9 Jan 2018 - (6367) Hands-on with the Panasonic GH5S
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (375) Investigating timelapse workflows [video]
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (881) Hasselblad’s new HD6-400c: a 400 megapixel multi-shot beast
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (1704) Shooting The Expanse on Cooke 5/i Primes
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1071) NewTek converters and cameras learn new tricks
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1540) CES 2018: essential releases, trends & more
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video