Post & VFX
07 Dec 2017
RedShark Replay: How would you go about editing a film that would normally take three days, in just three hours? Jonny Elwyn has some cogent advice.Read more...
27 Nov 2017
Have you discovered RocketStock yet? If you create video content of any kind, it’s time you checked them out! Their video effects packs are a great way to give your work an instant hit of professional style. And with easy drag-and-drop functionality, they’re a perfect match for content creators of all skill levels too.Read more...
RedShark replay: The process of editing has progressed from the physical cutting and splicing of film to the infinite possibilities of computer based non-linear editing. Is it time to change how we do things?Read more...
17 Nov 2017
Monday saw the release of Resolve 14.1, an essential update that offers some significant improvements and additions to its capabilities.Read more...
30 Oct 2017
Apple is clearly trying hard to prove to professionals that they haven't been forgotten. The latest version of FCP X is further proof that it is still an important market segment for it.Read more...
30 Oct 2017
Free Week has become an annual tradition over at PremiumBeat, a provider of royalty free music. Here’s how it works: every day for five days, the team unveils a new downloadable video element via their blog. And the best part? As the name suggests, each asset is totally free!Read more...
- Sunday 15 Jul 2018 - (192268) There will probably be no 8K. In fact, there will probably be no pixels at all in the future
- Saturday 7 Jul 2018 - (28546) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Thursday 12 Jul 2018 - (9604) New Blackmagic Design eGPU gives big boost to the MacBook Pro
- Tuesday 10 Jul 2018 - (7262) The Mac is still an extremely credible creative machine
- Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 - (6515) New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (454) We'll all be watching 12K very soon!*
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (771) The 4:3 ratio isn't dead yet
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (1209) This is why the Sony FS5 is one of the best cameras for run & gun filming [sponsored]
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1732) Games engines are making photorealistic AR for live broadcast easy
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1339) Are we too sensitive about noise?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video