Post & VFX
19 Jun 2019
Red Giant’s new and appropriately named VFX Suite is a brand new suite of keying, tracking, cleanup and visual effects compositing tools, all of which can be reached from directly inside Adobe After Effects.Read more...
17 Jun 2019
A mobile NLE as capable as the one on your main computer? LumaFusion just got a big update.Read more...
16 Jun 2019
Occasionally we like to mention shows that might have escaped your awareness. This looks like a good one. It's After Effects World, in Seattle, July 26 - 28Read more...
04 Jun 2019
These are strange times. Expect the unexpected. And here's today's surprise: the first 8K recording device from AtomosRead more...
28 May 2019
Everything seems to be tribal these days. From politics to opinions about NLEs to computer platforms. To everyone’s relief, I’m not going to talk about politics.Read more...
27 May 2019
It's not exactly a secret that if you work with VFX, Adobe After Effects is pretty much the industry standard, and while there are alternatives such as Blackmagic Design's Fusion, such software needs a lot of time and practice to learn well. FXhome has some very intriguing developments upcoming that may make you reconsider what you use.Read more...
20 May 2019
This is some of the most remarkable 12:34 you will watch for quite a while, as Doug Roble, Head of Software R&D at vfx powerhouse Digital Domain shows off how to drive a digital human in absolute realtime and with a surprising amount of nuance.Read more...
14 May 2019
You don't have to be a master motion graphics guru in order to create effective, and importantly, thematically relevant looking titles for you videos. Here's how to approach graphical title design even if animation and typography isn't your primary skillset.Read more...
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (67300) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42886) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12315) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7921) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (7039) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (326) The Canon EOS 1DX Mark III is even more powerful than we first thought!
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (678) Creamsource Micro Colour: A versatile film light for filming on the go
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (1088) The EF mount is not dead. This is why.
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1257) Major new collaborative tools feature in Premiere Pro update
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1527) FUJIFILM's new X-T200 mixes ease of use with power
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video