Post & VFX
23 May 2013
At this year's NAB show in Las Vegas Autodesk announced that they were working with Blackmagic Designs to add support for their video I/O cards in Smoke 2013. It looks like that support is going to be here next week.Read more...
17 May 2013
The Lightworks team announces a massive improvement in Long GOP performance, which means that Editors don't have to transcode from their camera formats before they editRead more...
11 May 2013
By the late 1990s, digital VFX had very much come into their own, promising increasingly spectacular visuals in increasingly spectacular films. Andy Stout takes us up to the present day via Pandora, Middle Earth, the middle of the Atlantic and other locations.Read more...
07 Apr 2013
As excitement mounts over the first showing of Lightworks for OS X, Editshare, Lightworks' parent company, has announced that Scott Hill, a long-time Hollywood editor and Lightworks user, will be giving a talk in the Theatre on the Editshare Booth (SL9010) at NABRead more...
Redshark’s VFX Reporter HaZ takes a trip to Montpelier to visit Dwarf Labs: a CGI animation studio in Montpellier, just off the French Mediterranean seashore. Dwarf’s ambition is to create world-class computer-generated imagery that appeals to audiences of all ages.Read more...
Anyone working with digital tools today has a wide choice of applications for specialized tasks. An office suite consists of a program for writing text, one for spreadsheets, presentations, a database etc. For a VFX workflow you might use a tool for tracking, one for compositing, one for editing, various tools for simulations and specialized applications for modelling, sculpting, texturing…Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (34638) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31180) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28193) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (22909) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (7274) AI can make photos fake in a way that Photoshop never could. And it may take all of us by surprise.
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (292) Why multicam is possibly the best way to shoot drama
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (757) Freedom of movement will create the ultimate VR experiences
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (1375) This could be the best way to get top software without destroying your bank account!
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (1178) How to create wonderful natural looking light for a corporate shoot [Video]
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (2817) A total revolution in processor design is just around the corner
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video