Post & VFX
Redshark’s VFX Reporter HaZ takes a trip to Montpelier to visit Dwarf Labs: a CGI animation studio in Montpellier, just off the French Mediterranean seashore. Dwarf’s ambition is to create world-class computer-generated imagery that appeals to audiences of all ages.Read more...
Anyone working with digital tools today has a wide choice of applications for specialized tasks. An office suite consists of a program for writing text, one for spreadsheets, presentations, a database etc. For a VFX workflow you might use a tool for tracking, one for compositing, one for editing, various tools for simulations and specialized applications for modelling, sculpting, texturing…Read more...
I don't know about you but I simply can't get enough VFX and Compositing breakdowns. The reason is that special effects are now so good that you don't always know they're there. It's pretty obvious with explosions, but what's definitely not so obvious is when a whole cityscape is fabricatedRead more...
26 Mar 2013
The Lightworks team has just released some news about all three versions of Lighworks, including a suggestion that Lightworks for OS X will enter Alpha testing shortly after NABRead more...
03 Mar 2013
Editshare has come right out and said it: they're going to be showing Lightworks for OS X at NAB in April. As excitement builds around the imminent public Beta release of the Linux version, a public showing of Lightworks for the Mac platform will be a major event in the timeline of NLE history, because it will be the first…Read more...
Fur. It's hard to model in CGI. For a start, it's not one object but hundreds or thousands or millions of them. To make them convincing you have to model them; understanding how they move relative to each other, and to the animal or human that they're attached toRead more...
11 Feb 2013
It's not just the UFO that's fake in this video - it's the car and the sky and the camera shake. In other words, the whole video is CGI. Even the pinging of the "Driver's Door Open" warningRead more...
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55728) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (54018) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51607) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11175) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 9 Jan 2018 - (6367) Hands-on with the Panasonic GH5S
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (375) Investigating timelapse workflows [video]
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (879) Hasselblad’s new HD6-400c: a 400 megapixel multi-shot beast
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (1703) Shooting The Expanse on Cooke 5/i Primes
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1071) NewTek converters and cameras learn new tricks
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1540) CES 2018: essential releases, trends & more
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video