Post & VFX
It has come as a massive surprise to users of RED cameras as it has always been a much requested feature, but the official line has always been that GPU cards were just not very good at handling the debayering and wavelet technology that is involved in working with RED footage. Well this has all suddenly changed, with a new…Read more...
24 Aug 2013
22 Aug 2013
28 Jul 2013
We couldn't resist bringing you this trailer for the film Gravity, starring Sandra Bullock and George Cloony. Directed by Alfonso Cuarón, this is quite simply the most breathtaking trailer we've ever seenRead more...
I first wrote about the new version of Smoke 2013 back in May, but now I've had a chance to play with it there are lots of enhancements and I'm going to be showing some of what it can do in a free webinarRead more...
Peter J. Haas outlines how to go about planning a shoot that utilizes RAW image capture, including a file size comparison between DSLR formats and CinemaDNG , a discussion of shooting ratios and how this translates into storage requirements for a secure post-production environmentRead more...
- Sunday 15 Jul 2018 - (192269) There will probably be no 8K. In fact, there will probably be no pixels at all in the future
- Saturday 7 Jul 2018 - (28546) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Thursday 12 Jul 2018 - (9604) New Blackmagic Design eGPU gives big boost to the MacBook Pro
- Tuesday 10 Jul 2018 - (7262) The Mac is still an extremely credible creative machine
- Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 - (6515) New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (455) We'll all be watching 12K very soon!*
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (773) The 4:3 ratio isn't dead yet
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (1210) This is why the Sony FS5 is one of the best cameras for run & gun filming [sponsored]
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1733) Games engines are making photorealistic AR for live broadcast easy
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1339) Are we too sensitive about noise?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video