Post & VFX
28 Mar 2018
New Flow and Pulse tools from Wipster offer easy to view analytics and new project management toolsRead more...
15 Mar 2018
RedShark review: We take a look at Red Giant's comprehensive Universe 2.2 effects plugin, an effects suite that takes retro very seriously.Read more...
01 Mar 2018
Stock footage can add a lot of production value to your films, especially when you take a bit of time to customise it to your particular needs.Read more...
27 Feb 2018
Sci-fi is enjoying a renaissance in pop culture right now. Not only have Star Wars and Blade Runner made triumphant returns, but there’s plenty of sci-fi content on the small screen as well like Star Trek: Discovery and Counterpart. Shutterstock even named ‘space’ one of 2018’s creative trends to watch.Read more...
19 Feb 2018
If you are using the free version of DaVinci Resolve, or still don't realise that it is now a fully fledged NLE, here's a few reasons why you should consider moving to the full Studio version of the software.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Grading is one of those skills that is incredibly difficult to master. So this seemed an opportune time to repeat the piece where Warren Eagles shares five top tips shedding light on the dark art of color grading and the life of a colorist.Read more...
- Sunday 15 Jul 2018 - (192267) There will probably be no 8K. In fact, there will probably be no pixels at all in the future
- Saturday 7 Jul 2018 - (28544) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Thursday 12 Jul 2018 - (9603) New Blackmagic Design eGPU gives big boost to the MacBook Pro
- Tuesday 10 Jul 2018 - (7261) The Mac is still an extremely credible creative machine
- Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 - (6509) New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (439) We'll all be watching 12K very soon!*
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (757) The 4:3 ratio isn't dead yet
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (1189) This is why the Sony FS5 is one of the best cameras for run & gun filming [sponsored]
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1715) Games engines are making photorealistic AR for live broadcast easy
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1332) Are we too sensitive about noise?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video