Post & VFX
13 Sep 2018
CoreMelt's new PaintX plugin allows FCP X users to paint directly onto their videos and have the effects accurately tracked, making some incredibly impressive effects possible. Here's our review.Read more...
12 Sep 2018
Adobe never disappoints with announcements of Creative Cloud enhancements timed around major trade events. So, if IBC is about to begin, then it must be time to hear from Adobe.Read more...
03 Sep 2018
Review: ColorSynth from Codex promises a fast new and intuitive way to grade within Premiere Pro and FCP X. We put it through its paces.Read more...
13 Aug 2018
This is a huge upgrade to Resolve. By any measure this is a powerful piece of software but the latest upgrade includes Fusion, and takes it into new territory.Read more...
09 Aug 2018
Luma Touch announces new team-up with Western Digital to bring fast mobile editing storage to its LumaFusion NLE software.Read more...
09 Aug 2018
DaVinci Resolve 15 moves closer to a final release version with postings of public beta 7 followed less than two weeks later by public beta 8.Read more...
21 Jun 2018
The powerful Baselight Editions V5 has just been released for Avid Media Composer, and it boasts some very powerful features.Read more...
19 Jun 2018
Fast video sharing is all the rage right now, both for individuals and businesses. Adobe's new Project Rush is a cross-device video editing app that promises to make the fast creation and sharing of high quality video to social media on the move a breeze.Read more...
15 Jun 2018
Motion graphics add a fluid, professional, and engaging touch to any production. Most of all, they make your content look great. And now that they’re available as templates from Adobe Stock, you’ll be up-to-speed with them in no time.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13244) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8565) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7060) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5081) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5037) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (374) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1362) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1220) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (3902) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (3322) Sony's new a6400 is a 4K video powerhouse
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video