Post & VFX
11 May 2017
Here's how to get a classic film look with the minimum of effortRead more...
09 May 2017
Colourisation (Colorization) has varying results. This effort (video below) is nothing short of amazing!Read more...
05 May 2017
AWAKE is an impressive enough minute-long slice of dystopian sci-fi, made all the more jaw-dropping when you realise it was done by one man, Phil Grishayev, on no money. Here, he explains how he did it.Read more...
28 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton talked to Evan Groenke, Product Manager Desktop Discrete Graphics, on the NAB 2017 showfloor about just how powerful the company's new Radeon Pro Duo graphics card is.Read more...
24 Apr 2017
Blackmagic claims that a complete back-end rewrite now means that the new Davinci Resolve 14 is up to 10 times faster than before. Not only that but, following the acquisition of Fairlight last year, it will also feature the full Fairlight audio engine.Read more...
22 Apr 2017
The first fruit of Pond5’s Global Partner Program is almost the definition of a win-win, and should see Adobe CC users gain access to an enhanced library of video clips, while clip creators themselves get to access a fecund global marketplace.Read more...
19 Apr 2017
Adobe has announced a significant update to the Creative Cloud suite. And rather than announcing updates which would then deliver later in the spring following NAB, these product updates are available immediately.Read more...
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (67297) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42886) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12315) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7920) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (7038) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (252) The Canon EOS 1DX Mark III is even more powerful than we first thought!
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (651) Creamsource Micro Colour: A versatile film light for filming on the go
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (1075) The EF mount is not dead. This is why.
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1247) Major new collaborative tools feature in Premiere Pro update
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1514) FUJIFILM's new X-T200 mixes ease of use with power
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video