Post & VFX
24 Aug 2016
Here's a Sponsored Article from Adobe, detailing the importance of Creative Cloud in bringing Pete's Dragon to the big screen. By Michelle Gallina.Read more...
Blackmagic Design has released version 12.5.1 for DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Studio on all supported platforms—Windows, Mac and Linux. And it’s a fairly major upgrade for a .1 of a .5 minor point release.Read more...
09 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.Read more...
01 Aug 2016
Your video is only as great as the audio. Let’s take a look at a few of the most important audio editing tips to keep in mind when working on a video project.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: Star Wars rapidly creates its own mythology, and one of the main myths already surrounding The Force Awakens was that it was the long-awaiting triumphal return of practical effects. And it was, but only to an extent.Read more...
27 Jul 2016
Blackmagic has announced that Fusion 8.2 has arrived for the Linux platform, following the same tiered pricing model as the company's other film creativity and productivity software.Read more...
24 Jul 2016
Filmconvert recently posted a camera profile for Blackmagic Design's Ursa Mini 4.6K camera for its grading and film look product.Read more...
19 Jul 2016
Using the Universe 2 plugin Holomatrix II, among other software, Red Giant's Seth Worley delivers a micro-short starring BB-8, the diminutive droid that debuted in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13252) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8579) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5090) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5086) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (208) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (510) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1643) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1382) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4131) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video