Post & VFX
21 Mar 2016
The new JMR “Lightning” LTNG-XQ Tower series is the ideal choice for Apple Mac Pro users having only Thunderbolt expansion available, but who want to connect to PCIe peripherals widely used in the digital video, digital cinema, corporate video and production/post production industries.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
Pond5, an up-and-coming media asset community and marketplace, employs proprietary algorithms to analyze images and footage for better tagging and search results.Read more...
Software for generating realtime content looks set to be a bit of a theme this year, and The Foundry’s MODO 10 Series plans to deliver new featuresets in a series of three instalments for a single price. RedShark's Steve Stoltz reports.Read more...
12 Mar 2016
So the 88th Academy Awards Ceremony has come and gone with a few surprises and non-surprises, but the kudos heaped upon Mad Max: Fury Road for its in-camera vfx is reminiscent of that bestowed on the winner of the first ever Best Picture, 1927's WWI drama Wings. By Joe Foster.Read more...
Following our link to the incredibly popular Editor's Lounge colour correction video last week, a video that touches on the topic of 'storytelling with colour', which you may know as colour grading.Read more...
From locked off shots of sweating CEOs nervously babbling marketing woo woo, to slick presentations marrying CG with genuine filmmaking chops, the corporate video is changing if you have the budget for it.Read more...
09 Mar 2016
2D and 3D workflows have never managed to play nicely together, with all sorts of inelegant kludges developed to get them to talk. All of which makes Imagineer’s new plugin for Maxon C4D all the more elegant.Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (34638) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31179) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28193) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (22909) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (7249) AI can make photos fake in a way that Photoshop never could. And it may take all of us by surprise.
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (290) Why multicam is possibly the best way to shoot drama
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (744) Freedom of movement will create the ultimate VR experiences
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (1369) This could be the best way to get top software without destroying your bank account!
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (1178) How to create wonderful natural looking light for a corporate shoot [Video]
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (2801) A total revolution in processor design is just around the corner
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video