Post & VFX
09 Jan 2017
The most recent cinematic foray into the Star Wars universe resurrects Peter Cushing's Tarkin from the original films, but did the computer generated version of the beloved actor span the dreaded Uncanny Valley? By Joe Foster.Read more...
30 Dec 2016
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080,…Read more...
29 Dec 2016
Our countdown hits the Top Three with proof that anything related to Final Cut Pro X is an incredibly popular - not to mention at times sensitive - topic out there. As Clayton Moore wrote in July, the software had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s…Read more...
28 Dec 2016
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.Read more...
19 Dec 2016
In our last two articles (here and here) we’ve shown you how shared storage is the way to go. This time, we’re going to look at how setting up shared storage can be troublesome - but it doesn’t have to be with today’s smart shared storage products.Read more...
15 Dec 2016
The most recent update to Blackmagic's popular colour grading and editing software, Davinci Resolve, leverages the Touch Bar on the new Macbook Pro and brings other new features.Read more...
12 Dec 2016
Not everyone likes meetings, but getting a bunch of people together in a room with a whiteboard is an almost unbeatably effective way to share information. Everyone sees data and ideas at the same time, and there’s instant feedback. So why don't more editors do it?Read more...
11 Dec 2016
RedShark Replay: Craig Marshall wonders why this particular clip of Willie Nelson singing Gershwin's 'Summertime' looks and sounds quite so good.Read more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53232) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31468) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27486) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20768) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (12081) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (444) The loss of the Artist controllers is a missed opportunity for Avid [opinion]
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (864) DJI unveils new Ronin-SC gimbal with a focus on travel portability
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (848) This video edited itself!
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (849) Sony gets even tougher with new SD cards and speedy USB hub
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (821) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video