Post & VFX
07 Nov 2016
Colorfront’s popular tool for DCP and IMF mastering gets a Mac Pro-oriented release, while the PC version adds 8K power and lots of new functionality.Read more...
07 Nov 2016
RedShark Replay: This article is nearly two years old now and, as we all know, the industry moves a bit faster than that. But, for anyone that's watched our new Resolve tutorials, this story about one man's quest to put together a smooth, responsive system to run it on a budget will still have resonance.Read more...
02 Nov 2016
Adobe today has released its anticipated update of Creative Cloud video applications coinciding with the opening day of the annual Adobe Max conference.Read more...
28 Oct 2016
Opinion: Final Cut Pro 10.3 requires Apple’s El Capitan 10.11.4 or greater which, for some users, means having to make some harsh choices. Ned Soltz is unimpressed.Read more...
24 Oct 2016
RedShark Review: For nearly fifteen years now, Danish-based Logickeyboard has been busy producing custom colour keyboards that interface industry standard video, audio and graphic packages, and the new Astra LED backlit series continues in that fine tradition. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
19 Oct 2016
Make a spooky 'Halloween'-inspired video and you could win an Oculus Rift! [sponsored]Read more...
17 Oct 2016
We’re all living inside a giant media asset management system. It’s called the universe, and some remote parts of it run intelligent software called “Humans”. We somehow manage to keep track of a seemingly infinite mountain of assets.Read more...
17 Oct 2016
RedShark Review: Ned Soltz takes Denver Riddle’s ACES-compatible $149 Color Finale Pro for a spin and is impressed with what he finds.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13254) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8583) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7074) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5097) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5092) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (266) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (528) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1670) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1401) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4163) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video