Post & VFX
05 Feb 2016
As Super Bowl mania consumes the US ahead of Sunday’s game, the end of the week has also been a Super Bowl of sorts for software updates.Read more...
05 Feb 2016
A recent update to Lightworks brings native 1080p Vimeo export for Free and Pro users, plus steep discounts for subscribers.Read more...
29 Jan 2016
Hawking’s Bizarre: Black holes, thermodynamics and radiation get the MTV treatment, with a short film that sees Professor Stephen Hawking and Aardman make beautiful music together.Read more...
MPC delivered 425 shots for Ridley Scott’s The Martian, which is one of the leading contenders for a VFX Oscar — hell, for an Oscar period as well — at the ceremony at the end of February. This showreel illustrates why.Read more...
25 Jan 2016
Cinesite acquired Image Engine in the summer of 2015, combining forces of two of the most respected and sought after VFX companies. Check out their show reels!Read more...
20 Jan 2016
Red Giant has a history of promoting its products by producing shorts partially made with its software, with each film upping the production ante.Read more...
15 Jan 2016
Boris FX’ Continuum Complete 10 is not only the biggest release from the company yet, but also the first joint development since its merger with Imagineer Systems. Guest author, Ross Shain, details what’s new.Read more...
RedShark 12 Days of Christmas Replays: The process of editing has progressed from the physical cutting and splicing of film to the infinite possibilities of computer based non-linear editing. Is it time to change how we do things?Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47465) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8410) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6875) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (563) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (558) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1360) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1886) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3622) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video