Post & VFX
RedShark Summer Replay: Star Wars rapidly creates its own mythology, and one of the main myths already surrounding The Force Awakens was that it was the long-awaiting triumphal return of practical effects. And it was, but only to an extent.Read more...
27 Jul 2016
Blackmagic has announced that Fusion 8.2 has arrived for the Linux platform, following the same tiered pricing model as the company's other film creativity and productivity software.Read more...
24 Jul 2016
Filmconvert recently posted a camera profile for Blackmagic Design's Ursa Mini 4.6K camera for its grading and film look product.Read more...
19 Jul 2016
Using the Universe 2 plugin Holomatrix II, among other software, Red Giant's Seth Worley delivers a micro-short starring BB-8, the diminutive droid that debuted in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.Read more...
11 Jul 2016
RedShark review: Is the CalDigit T4 an appropriate fit for editors and video professionals?Read more...
05 Jul 2016
RedShark review: Automatic Duck's solution for making Motion a more useful tool in Final Cut Pro X workflows.Read more...
05 Jul 2016
There’s no better place to see and feel the exponential rate of progress in technology than a modern, state of the art VFX/CGI facility. London’s Soho is packed with them but only a select few can claim such prestigious and mind-bendingly complex projects as Cinesite.Read more...
30 Jun 2016
The Unity game engine has proved capable of some amazing visuals in the past, but nothing has quite prepared us for the realtime rendering it’s pulled off in the short film Adam, powered by nothing more than a GeForce GTX980 graphics card.Read more...
- Sunday 15 Jul 2018 - (192269) There will probably be no 8K. In fact, there will probably be no pixels at all in the future
- Saturday 7 Jul 2018 - (28546) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Thursday 12 Jul 2018 - (9604) New Blackmagic Design eGPU gives big boost to the MacBook Pro
- Tuesday 10 Jul 2018 - (7262) The Mac is still an extremely credible creative machine
- Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 - (6515) New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (456) We'll all be watching 12K very soon!*
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (773) The 4:3 ratio isn't dead yet
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (1211) This is why the Sony FS5 is one of the best cameras for run & gun filming [sponsored]
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1734) Games engines are making photorealistic AR for live broadcast easy
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1339) Are we too sensitive about noise?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video