Post & VFX
27 Jul 2016
Blackmagic has announced that Fusion 8.2 has arrived for the Linux platform, following the same tiered pricing model as the company's other film creativity and productivity software.Read more...
24 Jul 2016
Filmconvert recently posted a camera profile for Blackmagic Design's Ursa Mini 4.6K camera for its grading and film look product.Read more...
19 Jul 2016
Using the Universe 2 plugin Holomatrix II, among other software, Red Giant's Seth Worley delivers a micro-short starring BB-8, the diminutive droid that debuted in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.Read more...
11 Jul 2016
RedShark review: Is the CalDigit T4 an appropriate fit for editors and video professionals?Read more...
05 Jul 2016
RedShark review: Automatic Duck's solution for making Motion a more useful tool in Final Cut Pro X workflows.Read more...
05 Jul 2016
There’s no better place to see and feel the exponential rate of progress in technology than a modern, state of the art VFX/CGI facility. London’s Soho is packed with them but only a select few can claim such prestigious and mind-bendingly complex projects as Cinesite.Read more...
30 Jun 2016
The Unity game engine has proved capable of some amazing visuals in the past, but nothing has quite prepared us for the realtime rendering it’s pulled off in the short film Adam, powered by nothing more than a GeForce GTX980 graphics card.Read more...
Autodesk plans to offer many of its more popular programs bundled in three different cost-saving collections, with each one aimed at a different industry — one will be for media and entertainment. By Keith FraissinetRead more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (34638) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31179) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28193) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (22909) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (7255) AI can make photos fake in a way that Photoshop never could. And it may take all of us by surprise.
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (290) Why multicam is possibly the best way to shoot drama
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (748) Freedom of movement will create the ultimate VR experiences
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (1370) This could be the best way to get top software without destroying your bank account!
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (1178) How to create wonderful natural looking light for a corporate shoot [Video]
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (2806) A total revolution in processor design is just around the corner
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video