Post & VFX
05 Apr 2016
Videogames may light the way to realistic real-time imagery, as evidenced by a recent mod for Star Wars: Battlefront.Read more...
02 Apr 2016
In a first, Blackmagic has ported over its popular and powerful motion graphics and compositing package, Fusion, for use on your OS X devices.Read more...
31 Mar 2016
A detailed look at the Color Finale FCPX color grading plug-in, which supports the X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Video chart for a more consistent grade.Read more...
29 Mar 2016
Two new technologies for delivering realistic and real-time facial capture, retargeting and rendering are at once game-changing and a little frightening.Read more...
21 Mar 2016
The new JMR “Lightning” LTNG-XQ Tower series is the ideal choice for Apple Mac Pro users having only Thunderbolt expansion available, but who want to connect to PCIe peripherals widely used in the digital video, digital cinema, corporate video and production/post production industries.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
Pond5, an up-and-coming media asset community and marketplace, employs proprietary algorithms to analyze images and footage for better tagging and search results.Read more...
Software for generating realtime content looks set to be a bit of a theme this year, and The Foundry’s MODO 10 Series plans to deliver new featuresets in a series of three instalments for a single price. RedShark's Steve Stoltz reports.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47464) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8410) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6875) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (563) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (558) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1358) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1886) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3622) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video