Post & VFX
19 Oct 2016
Make a spooky 'Halloween'-inspired video and you could win an Oculus Rift! [sponsored]Read more...
17 Oct 2016
We’re all living inside a giant media asset management system. It’s called the universe, and some remote parts of it run intelligent software called “Humans”. We somehow manage to keep track of a seemingly infinite mountain of assets.Read more...
17 Oct 2016
RedShark Review: Ned Soltz takes Denver Riddle’s ACES-compatible $149 Color Finale Pro for a spin and is impressed with what he finds.Read more...
03 Oct 2016
The latest version of the Blender Foundation's open source 3D creation suite adds some powerful new tools to the software's already impressive repetoire. Gottfried Hofmann provides the details.Read more...
For a post production industry that suddenly has to manipulate and process images 70x what they were a scant couple of decades ago, the problems that the forthcoming massive leap in resolution about to engulf us brings are probably greater than most. Luckily, cloud technology will be there to provide the horsepower to cope.Read more...
26 Sep 2016
With the grand aim of building “a close alliance to promote both artistic pre-eminence and scientific achievement in the creative art of colour”, CSI made its debut at this year’s IBC Colorist Mixer.Read more...
- Sunday 15 Jul 2018 - (192268) There will probably be no 8K. In fact, there will probably be no pixels at all in the future
- Saturday 7 Jul 2018 - (28546) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Thursday 12 Jul 2018 - (9604) New Blackmagic Design eGPU gives big boost to the MacBook Pro
- Tuesday 10 Jul 2018 - (7262) The Mac is still an extremely credible creative machine
- Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 - (6515) New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (454) We'll all be watching 12K very soon!*
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (771) The 4:3 ratio isn't dead yet
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (1209) This is why the Sony FS5 is one of the best cameras for run & gun filming [sponsored]
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1732) Games engines are making photorealistic AR for live broadcast easy
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1339) Are we too sensitive about noise?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video