Post & VFX
17 Oct 2016
We’re all living inside a giant media asset management system. It’s called the universe, and some remote parts of it run intelligent software called “Humans”. We somehow manage to keep track of a seemingly infinite mountain of assets.Read more...
17 Oct 2016
RedShark Review: Ned Soltz takes Denver Riddle’s ACES-compatible $149 Color Finale Pro for a spin and is impressed with what he finds.Read more...
03 Oct 2016
The latest version of the Blender Foundation's open source 3D creation suite adds some powerful new tools to the software's already impressive repetoire. Gottfried Hofmann provides the details.Read more...
For a post production industry that suddenly has to manipulate and process images 70x what they were a scant couple of decades ago, the problems that the forthcoming massive leap in resolution about to engulf us brings are probably greater than most. Luckily, cloud technology will be there to provide the horsepower to cope.Read more...
26 Sep 2016
With the grand aim of building “a close alliance to promote both artistic pre-eminence and scientific achievement in the creative art of colour”, CSI made its debut at this year’s IBC Colorist Mixer.Read more...
13 Sep 2016
Opinion: Ned Soltz on the significance of Adobe’s IBC news and how it’s both leading in some areas and knows it has to play catch-up in others.Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (34638) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31178) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28193) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (22909) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (7246) AI can make photos fake in a way that Photoshop never could. And it may take all of us by surprise.
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (290) Why multicam is possibly the best way to shoot drama
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (744) Freedom of movement will create the ultimate VR experiences
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (1369) This could be the best way to get top software without destroying your bank account!
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (1178) How to create wonderful natural looking light for a corporate shoot [Video]
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (2800) A total revolution in processor design is just around the corner
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video