Post & VFX
30 Dec 2016
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080,…Read more...
29 Dec 2016
Our countdown hits the Top Three with proof that anything related to Final Cut Pro X is an incredibly popular - not to mention at times sensitive - topic out there. As Clayton Moore wrote in July, the software had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s…Read more...
28 Dec 2016
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.Read more...
19 Dec 2016
In our last two articles (here and here) we’ve shown you how shared storage is the way to go. This time, we’re going to look at how setting up shared storage can be troublesome - but it doesn’t have to be with today’s smart shared storage products.Read more...
15 Dec 2016
The most recent update to Blackmagic's popular colour grading and editing software, Davinci Resolve, leverages the Touch Bar on the new Macbook Pro and brings other new features.Read more...
12 Dec 2016
Not everyone likes meetings, but getting a bunch of people together in a room with a whiteboard is an almost unbeatably effective way to share information. Everyone sees data and ideas at the same time, and there’s instant feedback. So why don't more editors do it?Read more...
11 Dec 2016
RedShark Replay: Craig Marshall wonders why this particular clip of Willie Nelson singing Gershwin's 'Summertime' looks and sounds quite so good.Read more...
01 Dec 2016
Deftly avoiding any superstitious sensibilities by jumping directly from version 12 to 14, the new version of Lightworks comes with a new user interface.Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (34638) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31180) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28193) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (22909) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (7270) AI can make photos fake in a way that Photoshop never could. And it may take all of us by surprise.
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (291) Why multicam is possibly the best way to shoot drama
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (752) Freedom of movement will create the ultimate VR experiences
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (1373) This could be the best way to get top software without destroying your bank account!
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (1178) How to create wonderful natural looking light for a corporate shoot [Video]
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (2814) A total revolution in processor design is just around the corner
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video