Post & VFX
15 Jun 2018
Motion graphics add a fluid, professional, and engaging touch to any production. Most of all, they make your content look great. And now that they’re available as templates from Adobe Stock, you’ll be up-to-speed with them in no time.Read more...
13 Jun 2018
One of the surprises of NAB 2018 was the announcement of Apple ProRes RAW. This brought camera raw video to the forefront for many who had previously discounted it. To understand the what and why about raw, we first have to understand camera sensors.Read more...
03 Jun 2018
Frame.io has been on a roll in recent months with some big changes and announcements. This time it has added some all new image collaboration features.Read more...
29 May 2018
Manhattan Edit Workshop's annual Sight Sound & Story Post Production Summit is back for the sixth year.Read more...
17 May 2018
It was one of the original NLEs and it has industry support like no other. Avid's Media Composer is still a world leading editing system. Mark Andrew Job takes a look at its legacy, and how it has remained relevant in today's ever-changing media landscapeRead more...
14 May 2018
RedShark Review: Assimilate Scratch is not as well known as its more ubiquitous rivals, but Rakesh Malik thinks it is a very powerful piece of software that should certainly be on your radar.Read more...
10 May 2018
Effective editing on an iPad has been a dream for some people for a long time. Now it looks like it is finally a viable thing.Read more...
01 May 2018
When you are up against the clock and need to inject that 'special something' into an edit, stock footage could help you out in a multitude of ways.Read more...
28 Apr 2018
Replay: This was first published in 2013, but is just as relevant today. Freelance colourist Warren Eagles looks at how software colour correctors have changed the grading industry; for better and worseRead more...
27 Apr 2018
Performing one task well on a movie is tricky enough. But to perform the editing, VFX work, and the sound design all using an inexpensive laptop is impressive to say the least. Here's how VFX artist Bernard Egreteau managed to get his head around it all.Read more...
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (67295) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42884) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12313) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7919) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (7037) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (228) The Canon EOS 1DX Mark III is even more powerful than we first thought!
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (642) Creamsource Micro Colour: A versatile film light for filming on the go
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (1059) The EF mount is not dead. This is why.
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1241) Major new collaborative tools feature in Premiere Pro update
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1497) FUJIFILM's new X-T200 mixes ease of use with power
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video