Post & VFX
01 May 2018
When you are up against the clock and need to inject that 'special something' into an edit, stock footage could help you out in a multitude of ways.Read more...
28 Apr 2018
Replay: This was first published in 2013, but is just as relevant today. Freelance colourist Warren Eagles looks at how software colour correctors have changed the grading industry; for better and worseRead more...
27 Apr 2018
Performing one task well on a movie is tricky enough. But to perform the editing, VFX work, and the sound design all using an inexpensive laptop is impressive to say the least. Here's how VFX artist Bernard Egreteau managed to get his head around it all.Read more...
25 Apr 2018
FTP used to be the main method for transferring media files, but in the modern age it can no longer be counted upon for speed and reliablity.Read more...
20 Apr 2018
8K takes huge amounts of resources to edit you say? Not if you edit using Lightworks it doesn't. Rakesh Malik tells all.Read more...
17 Apr 2018
If you've ever wanted to start your own NetFlix style streaming subscription service or need a way to stream live video easily, Vimeo had a number of services and products on show at this years NAB.Read more...
16 Apr 2018
Film isn't dead. It just needs a new digital life. Enter the Cintel Scanner 2 from Blackmagic Design. A 35mm film scanner that can scan 4K HDR files directly into Resolve 15.Read more...
11 Apr 2018
Deluxe is a name long associated with big budget movies. But now the company has a new service that will allow productions of all budgets to use its prost production workflow tools.Read more...
10 Apr 2018
Our NAB 2018 coverage continues apace with this interview with Frame.io Co-founder Emery Wells about the new features of the hugely popular client review and approval service.Read more...
09 Apr 2018
Following on from it’s recent upgrade announcement Frame.io has some further surprises for us with new macOS integration.Read more...
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (34143) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (14061) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11199) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10582) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7988) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Friday 23 Aug 2019 - (359) Bounced light produces amazing results, so why has it fallen out of fashion?
- Thursday 22 Aug 2019 - (2335) Here's the first in-depth review of Blackmagic's Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Thursday 22 Aug 2019 - (5356) You know what? Windows is a good operating system
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (1532) When someone says 'it’ll never work’ it often means that it will
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (1387) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video