Post & VFX
04 Mar 2017
Creatives working on Westworld had an elegant solution for co-ordinating looks between the set and post production.Read more...
As well as the Ursa Mini 4.6K Pro camera announced last night, Blackmagic also unveiled two new control panels for DaVinci Resolve: the $995 DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel and the $2995 DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel.Read more...
01 Mar 2017
‘The Human Race’ is a new short film created by Epic Games, The Mill and Chevrolet, which celebrates the 50th birthday of the Camaro but whose realtime CG techniques could go on to revolutionise filmmaking.Read more...
19 Feb 2017
RedShark Replay: Roland Denning profiles the way that technology has changed the editing process from the times when machines like the tape splicer above were cutting edge.Read more...
30 Jan 2017
In editing, as elsewhere, AI offers both intriguing possibilities and huge potential pitfalls. Perhaps though the biggest issue that we face is that AI editing is already here, and it is getting better and better all the time.Read more...
28 Jan 2017
Adopting a wide aspect ratio for our pictures, even when chucking pixels to do it, tricks our brains into perceiving quality.Read more...
19 Jan 2017
RedShark Review: MotionVFX's latest version of mHUD heads up display graphics plugin for FCP X.Read more...
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55728) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (54018) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51609) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11175) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 9 Jan 2018 - (6367) Hands-on with the Panasonic GH5S
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (376) Investigating timelapse workflows [video]
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (883) Hasselblad’s new HD6-400c: a 400 megapixel multi-shot beast
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (1705) Shooting The Expanse on Cooke 5/i Primes
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1071) NewTek converters and cameras learn new tricks
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1540) CES 2018: essential releases, trends & more
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video