Manhattan Edit Workshop's annual Sight Sound & Story Post Production Summit is back for the sixth year.
Working in post production – at any level – is a lifelong learning process. The rate of change in the industry means that you have to run just to keep up.
One way, and probably the best way, to deal with this is to mingle with others in the industry. Shared experience is a wonderful way to grow and learn in your own specialism.
And that's exactly what our friends at Manhattan Edit Workshop want to facilitate with this year's Sight, Sound & Story event at the NYIT Auditorium Theater on Broadway on June 14th.
Here's what Manhattan Edit Workshop's President, Jason Banke says about it:
"After two straight sold out post production events, we anticipate another full house for this year's lineup. The event showcases a unique opportunity to learn directly from our industry's leaders and experience the passion that goes into filmmaking, documentary editing, directing for TV and more."
This year, topics include: Television's Cinematic Revolution, Deconstructing Documentary Films, and Inside the Cutting Room with Bobbie O'Steen, featuring Oscar-nominated editor Kevin Trent, ACE.
There's no shortage of top-notch industry experts:
- Kevin Tent, ACE ("Nebraska," "Sideways," "The Descendants," “Election")
- Lynne Willingham, ACE (“Breaking Bad,” “Ray Donovan,” “X-Files”)
- Naomi Geraghty (“Billions,” “Bloodline,” “Treme”)
- Michael Berenbaum, ACE ("The Americans," “Divorce,” "Sex and the City")
- Ann Collins (“Joan Didion: The Center Will Not Hold,” “Swim Team”)
- Matthew Hamachek (“Cartel Land,” “The Trade,” “Amanda Knox,” “Meet the Patels”)
- Bobbie O'Steen ("Cut to the Chase," "The Invisible Cut")
- Bryan Chang (“Brasslands,” “Narco Cultura,” “A Year in Space”)
- Garret Savage ("My Perestroika," Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellowship)
Make sure to secure your ticket before they sell out! Following the event is a networking/tech party sponsored by the American Cinema Editors, including hors d’oeuvres, drinks and giveaways. Event admission is $49.00 including access to the after-party, with discounts available at select partner organisations. To register, please go to: https://bit.ly/2q1Fdz8.
All Attendees will receive a one-year subscription to Mocha Pro plug-in for Adobe courtesy of our supporting sponsor Boris FX.