Post & VFX
Now, *this* is how to create a TV ident. Radiodiffusion-Télévision Française's original Eurovision logo was mixed in live from a camera pointed at a cat's cradle of string. Phil Rhodes reckons the all-pervasiveness of CGI means we've lost something along the way.Read more...
20 May 2017
RedShark Replay: What is the single greatest technical dilemma facing today's DIY filmmaker? Which Camera? Which OS? Which NLE? Which Plug-in? Which Colour Grading Software package? According to Craig Marshall, it’s none of the above. Instead, it’s all about the monitor.Read more...
Timeline-to-text technology is hardly new. But plug-in developer Digital Anarchy is bringing it to Adobe Premiere in an affordable package with tremendous potential for interviews, documentaries and just about any other area where a transcription tied to the timeline would be in order.Read more...
15 May 2017
RedShark Review: Wacom tablets have been synonymous with graphic design for decades and with its new Intuous Pro setting a whole new benchmark, can you adapt it to become a (comparatively) cheap NLE control surface?Read more...
11 May 2017
Here's how to get a classic film look with the minimum of effortRead more...
09 May 2017
Colourisation (Colorization) has varying results. This effort (video below) is nothing short of amazing!Read more...
05 May 2017
AWAKE is an impressive enough minute-long slice of dystopian sci-fi, made all the more jaw-dropping when you realise it was done by one man, Phil Grishayev, on no money. Here, he explains how he did it.Read more...
28 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton talked to Evan Groenke, Product Manager Desktop Discrete Graphics, on the NAB 2017 showfloor about just how powerful the company's new Radeon Pro Duo graphics card is.Read more...
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (13155) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10636) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (8551) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6612) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (5971) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (373) A brief guide to the most important image standards
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (1509) Thunderbolt 3 and the problems with peripherals
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (411) Seven ways to get stability without a tripod
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (993) We need to talk! Frame.io helps you communicate with your production colleagues [sponsored]
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (1840) DJI Spark: the new entry level consumer drone
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video