Post & VFX
Okay, first you need to be impressive viral engineers Corridor Digital, the same team behind the beaten up robot from last week. But even if you’re not they’re going to show you how to do it.Read more...
19 Jun 2019
Red Giant’s new and appropriately named VFX Suite is a brand new suite of keying, tracking, cleanup and visual effects compositing tools, all of which can be reached from directly inside Adobe After Effects.Read more...
17 Jun 2019
A mobile NLE as capable as the one on your main computer? LumaFusion just got a big update.Read more...
16 Jun 2019
Occasionally we like to mention shows that might have escaped your awareness. This looks like a good one. It's After Effects World, in Seattle, July 26 - 28Read more...
04 Jun 2019
These are strange times. Expect the unexpected. And here's today's surprise: the first 8K recording device from AtomosRead more...
28 May 2019
Everything seems to be tribal these days. From politics to opinions about NLEs to computer platforms. To everyone’s relief, I’m not going to talk about politics.Read more...
27 May 2019
It's not exactly a secret that if you work with VFX, Adobe After Effects is pretty much the industry standard, and while there are alternatives such as Blackmagic Design's Fusion, such software needs a lot of time and practice to learn well. FXhome has some very intriguing developments upcoming that may make you reconsider what you use.Read more...
20 May 2019
This is some of the most remarkable 12:34 you will watch for quite a while, as Doug Roble, Head of Software R&D at vfx powerhouse Digital Domain shows off how to drive a digital human in absolute realtime and with a surprising amount of nuance.Read more...
14 May 2019
You don't have to be a master motion graphics guru in order to create effective, and importantly, thematically relevant looking titles for you videos. Here's how to approach graphical title design even if animation and typography isn't your primary skillset.Read more...
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20591) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18109) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10900) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6685) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (286) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (596) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (952) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (574) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4888) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video