Post & VFX
04 Nov 2019
Adobe’s annual Adobe MAX conference kicks off with the release of updates for the CC suite. These will be available immediately to Creative Cloud subscribers.Read more...
18 Oct 2019
Emmy Award Winning Editor Simon Smith discusses his workflow on Chernobyl and how it’s enabled working from home.Read more...
13 Oct 2019
Blackmagic Design doubled-down on advanced editing features in 2019 by introducing a new editing mode to DaVinci Resolve 16 called the cut page. They also added a dedicated editor's keyboard - something that warms the heart of any editor who started their career in a linear edit suite. After some post-NAB feedback and adjustment, the keyboard is finally ready for…Read more...
10 Oct 2019
Universe, Red Giant Software’s subscription-based plug-in for Adobe After Effects and seven other NLEs and compositing apps, has been updated to version 3.1 and incorporates some interesting new modules.Read more...
09 Oct 2019
Imagine a world where the camera is part of post-production. Where footage lands on an NLE as it's being shot. Where distance doesn't matter and where editors share the same virtual time and space as the director and the cinematographerRead more...
04 Oct 2019
Most of the press coverage of “deepfake” videos has focused on how disturbingly funny they are, the security implications of the videos and the threat they pose to democracy. But there's another elephant in the room.Read more...
19 Sep 2019
Review: We take a good look at the Codex Keys control surface, an essential accessory for colour grading.Read more...
16 Sep 2019
Early last year, Codex announced the introduction of a new, dedicated colour correction plug-in - ColorSynth. The platform was exclusive to Final Cut Pro X users and therefore Mac-only as well. Recently, Codex brought Color Synth to Premiere, After Effects, and the Windows platform as well. Arthur Ditner takes a close look.Read more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (40050) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13228) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6651) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4541) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4014) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Saturday 16 Nov 2019 - (144) Whatever happened to plasma displays?
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (549) These are documentary filmmakers who risk their lives to tell a story
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (785) The Teradek Bolt 4K is "the next best thing to plug-and-play"
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (577) Zeiss adds controlled flares to Prime range
- Thursday 14 Nov 2019 - (661) Intense pressure and danger: The Rory Peck Awards recognises the best documentary and current affairs filmmakers
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video