Post & VFX
15 Jun 2018
Motion graphics add a fluid, professional, and engaging touch to any production. Most of all, they make your content look great. And now that they’re available as templates from Adobe Stock, you’ll be up-to-speed with them in no time.Read more...
13 Jun 2018
One of the surprises of NAB 2018 was the announcement of Apple ProRes RAW. This brought camera raw video to the forefront for many who had previously discounted it. To understand the what and why about raw, we first have to understand camera sensors.Read more...
03 Jun 2018
Frame.io has been on a roll in recent months with some big changes and announcements. This time it has added some all new image collaboration features.Read more...
29 May 2018
Manhattan Edit Workshop's annual Sight Sound & Story Post Production Summit is back for the sixth year.Read more...
17 May 2018
It was one of the original NLEs and it has industry support like no other. Avid's Media Composer is still a world leading editing system. Mark Andrew Job takes a look at its legacy, and how it has remained relevant in today's ever-changing media landscapeRead more...
14 May 2018
RedShark Review: Assimilate Scratch is not as well known as its more ubiquitous rivals, but Rakesh Malik thinks it is a very powerful piece of software that should certainly be on your radar.Read more...
10 May 2018
Effective editing on an iPad has been a dream for some people for a long time. Now it looks like it is finally a viable thing.Read more...
01 May 2018
When you are up against the clock and need to inject that 'special something' into an edit, stock footage could help you out in a multitude of ways.Read more...
28 Apr 2018
Replay: This was first published in 2013, but is just as relevant today. Freelance colourist Warren Eagles looks at how software colour correctors have changed the grading industry; for better and worseRead more...
27 Apr 2018
Performing one task well on a movie is tricky enough. But to perform the editing, VFX work, and the sound design all using an inexpensive laptop is impressive to say the least. Here's how VFX artist Bernard Egreteau managed to get his head around it all.Read more...
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54181) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 5 Jun 2018 - (9712) New Sony Compact RX 100 MK VI is so good it may be used to shoot on Avatar sequels
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5482) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5149) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Thursday 14 Jun 2018 - (4861) The surprising return of the professional cassette deck
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (285) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (2255) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1053) We find some hidden gems at London's Media Production Show
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (3331) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1636) The Sony DCR-VX1000 changed broadcast documentary production forever
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video