21 Jul 2017
NewTek's NDI is being seen increasingly as the de facto standard for live video production, and evidence of the take-up is mounting. Here’s just one, significant, example.Read more...
12 Jun 2017
Newtek’s IP-Series production system was used by the UK’s Digital Tree Media when it was charged to run the Minecraft Zone at last year’s Insomnia 60.Read more...
24 Apr 2017
RedShark News talked to NewTek just ahead of NAB for a status report on its Network Device Interface. With the industry rapidly collapsing around an SPMTE standards-based approach to IP, where does NDI fit in? In quite a lot of places it turns out.Read more...
20 Mar 2017
There are dozens of reasons why video over IP is an important new technology, but one of the biggest is sometimes completely overlooked. It’s virtualisation. It sounds abstract, but it’s very easy to understand. And it’s a vitally important reason to choose IP as your next video infrastructure.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
How wandering around a tradeshow outside of your comfort zone makes you realise the directions your own industry is taking.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
RedShark Review: Blackmagic’s recent unveiling of a trio of TV switching, recording and streaming products was exactly the sort of pulling the rug from under the rest of the industry announcement that the company specialises in. And happily their real world performance matches their impressive spec.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
The trend towards faster networks and bigger capacity means that the move to Video over IP is inevitable. And it will bring very significant benefits.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
While Netflix may now be big enough not to care, the deal on net neutrality that we all assumed had stopped the issue being used as a political football is looking under severe threat as the incoming Trump presidency chooses a free market champion as the new head of the FCC.Read more...
19 Jan 2017
The first iPhone was announced ten years ago and the world has been a different place ever since. This is not just because it was a radically new and different type of phone. The iPhone seemed like science fiction: something that shouldn’t have happened for years into the future.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
In a first for the industry, MediaDS enables multi-channel distribution delivered directly from venue to viewers.Read more...
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20590) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18107) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10894) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6685) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (254) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (568) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (938) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (568) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4849) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video