21 Jul 2017
NewTek's NDI is being seen increasingly as the de facto standard for live video production, and evidence of the take-up is mounting. Here’s just one, significant, example.Read more...
12 Jun 2017
Newtek’s IP-Series production system was used by the UK’s Digital Tree Media when it was charged to run the Minecraft Zone at last year’s Insomnia 60.Read more...
24 Apr 2017
RedShark News talked to NewTek just ahead of NAB for a status report on its Network Device Interface. With the industry rapidly collapsing around an SPMTE standards-based approach to IP, where does NDI fit in? In quite a lot of places it turns out.Read more...
20 Mar 2017
There are dozens of reasons why video over IP is an important new technology, but one of the biggest is sometimes completely overlooked. It’s virtualisation. It sounds abstract, but it’s very easy to understand. And it’s a vitally important reason to choose IP as your next video infrastructure.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
How wandering around a tradeshow outside of your comfort zone makes you realise the directions your own industry is taking.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
RedShark Review: Blackmagic’s recent unveiling of a trio of TV switching, recording and streaming products was exactly the sort of pulling the rug from under the rest of the industry announcement that the company specialises in. And happily their real world performance matches their impressive spec.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
The trend towards faster networks and bigger capacity means that the move to Video over IP is inevitable. And it will bring very significant benefits.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
While Netflix may now be big enough not to care, the deal on net neutrality that we all assumed had stopped the issue being used as a political football is looking under severe threat as the incoming Trump presidency chooses a free market champion as the new head of the FCC.Read more...
19 Jan 2017
The first iPhone was announced ten years ago and the world has been a different place ever since. This is not just because it was a radically new and different type of phone. The iPhone seemed like science fiction: something that shouldn’t have happened for years into the future.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
In a first for the industry, MediaDS enables multi-channel distribution delivered directly from venue to viewers.Read more...
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (19135) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (10076) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (10043) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (9028) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Saturday 6 Oct 2018 - (6267) Building the 10-bit desktop display
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (461) Five ways that analogue photography can make you a much better DP
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (972) How to get hold of the perfect music score, legally
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (550) Amazing video showing the secrets of capturing a falcon in flight
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (1381) Lightworks 14.5 adds 70 new features
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (2575) Traditional techniques make First Man an immersive and authentic cinematic experience
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video