Studio & Broadcast
17 May 2016
Blackmagic Designs’ Intensity Shuttle has been available for a few years now, but, with an open and extensible SDK, is a fine example of a product that has been made still relevant for modern video production. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
12 May 2016
Peter Haas takes a closer look at one of the sleeper hits of NAB 2016, Blackmagic Design's Duplicator 4K.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
24 Feb 2016
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?Read more...
04 Feb 2016
It’s powerful, it’s technically advanced, and it could possibly even be introducing 4K by satellite by the end of the year. Say hello to Sky Q: the future of TV…at a price.Read more...
02 Feb 2016
LG has been investing a lot of money into successfully commercialising OLED screens lately, and now it’s starting to ramp up the effort of letting people know how impressive they are.Read more...
11 Jan 2016
RedShark's 3rd TV Show features "the world's fastest PC workstation", and we talk to NewTek about how you can make state-of-the-art live TV for the price of a small family sedan.Read more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53231) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31467) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27486) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20768) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (12081) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (442) The loss of the Artist controllers is a missed opportunity for Avid [opinion]
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (859) DJI unveils new Ronin-SC gimbal with a focus on travel portability
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (844) This video edited itself!
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (849) Sony gets even tougher with new SD cards and speedy USB hub
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (820) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video