Studio & Broadcast
03 Jul 2016
Panasonic's 4K/UHD Blu-ray player, already available in Europe, finally gets a U.S. release window and pricing info.Read more...
24 Jun 2016
We delve into the topic of IMAX projection systems, as a technical format and exhibition standard, and look to its future.Read more...
31 May 2016
As the world’s broadcasters gear up for their biggest event on the four-yearly calendar, are we witnessing the start of the next technological cycle that ends up with 8K in the world’s living rooms?Read more...
27 May 2016
Freya Black on the strange case of Sir David Attenborough, his seminal 'Zoo Quest' natural history production from the 1950s, and some recently unearthed colour 16mm footage.Read more...
24 May 2016
Sony has debuted a new type of LED screen that aims to expand the colour gamut and and dynamic range of large video installations, even as resolutions reach 8K and beyond.Read more...
17 May 2016
Blackmagic Designs’ Intensity Shuttle has been available for a few years now, but, with an open and extensible SDK, is a fine example of a product that has been made still relevant for modern video production. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
12 May 2016
Peter Haas takes a closer look at one of the sleeper hits of NAB 2016, Blackmagic Design's Duplicator 4K.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (67297) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42885) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12315) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7920) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (7038) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (246) The Canon EOS 1DX Mark III is even more powerful than we first thought!
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (650) Creamsource Micro Colour: A versatile film light for filming on the go
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (1073) The EF mount is not dead. This is why.
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1246) Major new collaborative tools feature in Premiere Pro update
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1510) FUJIFILM's new X-T200 mixes ease of use with power
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video