Studio & Broadcast
09 Sep 2017
RedShark Replay: Guest author John Clark of Berlin Picture Company explores why there's so little consistency of colour across broadcast platforms and what the industry may need to remedy the problem.Read more...
04 Sep 2017
Laser technology in projectors is approaching mainstream. Brighter, sharper pictures with lower maintenance costs are promised. But will these latest 4K laser projectors tempt cinema owners enough to upgrade their existing set-ups?Read more...
05 Mar 2017
RedShark Replay: In case you think some of the announcements we hear nowadays are game-changing, here's a look back at a truly groundbreaking one from 61 years ago that changed broadcast television forever. And that's no hype. By Phillip Moss.Read more...
06 Feb 2017
The new TV switching, recording and streaming suite of products announced today by Blackmagic are both an evolution and a significant upgrade — and there's one brand new category of product altogether. David Shapton reports.Read more...
02 Feb 2017
Last Friday, we staged our first live show. We wanted to tell you what we learned from it. Brief summary: a lot. There are reasons why so many jobs in broadcasting are highly skilled and considered mission critical.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
Amid all the usual hoopla about wacky gadgets — this year being AI toothbrushes, robotic cushion cleaners and walk around VR — you can rest assured that the old product category of TVs is where the largest manufacturers are putting most of their marketing and R&D. These were the CES 2017 highlights.Read more...
03 Jan 2017
I’ve spent Christmas in a 4K winter wonderland. Well, that's overstating it a bit, perhaps, but with a Dell 32" 4K monitor on my desk and a 75" Sony 4K HDR set to play with, it's been by far the best chance I've ever had to spend some quality time in front of all those pixels.Read more...
31 Dec 2016
Back to the future: While much of the industry concentrates on getting better quality pixels onto better quality screens, the immediacy of live TV is proving attractive to advertisers searching to grab eyeballs. How attractive? Try 18 locations in one 60-second commercial.Read more...
19 Dec 2016
When the UK experienced the biggest explosion in peacetime at the Buncefield Oil Depot in Hemel Hempstead, I was right there, and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Nor did the rest of the country.Read more...
06 Dec 2016
One of the unforseen problems for many people when buying a very big TV is that, if you don’t have a good video source, then the pictures can look awful. And network television is not always a good video source.Read more...
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18932) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16462) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13492) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7217) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (5316) Computational Imaging is coming and will change the face of photography and video
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (145) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (848) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (2915) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1024) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (913) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video