Studio & Broadcast
24 Jun 2016
We delve into the topic of IMAX projection systems, as a technical format and exhibition standard, and look to its future.Read more...
31 May 2016
As the world’s broadcasters gear up for their biggest event on the four-yearly calendar, are we witnessing the start of the next technological cycle that ends up with 8K in the world’s living rooms?Read more...
27 May 2016
Freya Black on the strange case of Sir David Attenborough, his seminal 'Zoo Quest' natural history production from the 1950s, and some recently unearthed colour 16mm footage.Read more...
24 May 2016
Sony has debuted a new type of LED screen that aims to expand the colour gamut and and dynamic range of large video installations, even as resolutions reach 8K and beyond.Read more...
17 May 2016
Blackmagic Designs’ Intensity Shuttle has been available for a few years now, but, with an open and extensible SDK, is a fine example of a product that has been made still relevant for modern video production. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
12 May 2016
Peter Haas takes a closer look at one of the sleeper hits of NAB 2016, Blackmagic Design's Duplicator 4K.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
24 Feb 2016
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?Read more...
- Saturday 21 Apr 2018 - (50257) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 14 Apr 2018 - (28472) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (12487) The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is very real indeed!
- Friday 20 Apr 2018 - (8631) Lightworks is so efficient you can edit 8K on a laptop!
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (8341) Is Resolve 15 now the ultimate "hero suite"?
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (633) If you need to travel light, here's a neat GH5 interview setup
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (2344) The story of REDCODE: why it’s better now than it’s ever been
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (1057) VR in a web browser? It's already happening
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (3287) Some people complain about free software. We take a look at this surprising phenomenon
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (1133) Teradek's new video transmitters offer zero delay transmission over long distances
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video