Studio & Broadcast
With BSkyB’s successful Ultra HD broadcast – albeit to a small, select audience - of an EPL match now under the broadcaster’s belt, a line has been drawn under the intercontinental programme of Ultra HD sports testing that has been undertaken over the summer months. So, what have we learned, what work remains to be done, and where does that…Read more...
20 Aug 2013
According to reports in the Wall Street Journal, Sony is looking at significantly upping the stakes when it comes to providing content directly to viewers over the internet by inking a deal with media giant Viacom.Read more...
23 Jul 2013
London's Soho is a bit of a contradiction when it comes to technology. There are more post production facilities in this square mile than in the rest of the country. Every broom cupboard houses at least three video editors. Only a decade ago, almost every Soho pedestrian carried a Digi Beta tape or even a can of film. Now, it's…Read more...
These days it's hard to imagine what it was like before 24 hour news channels, and if you've never worked for one, it probably doesn't occur to you that, sometimes, there's a shortage of good storiesRead more...
As stunts go, it's a good one. UK mobile provider EE had already stated that it was going to provide on-site 4G wireless internet for Glastonbury festival goers on its network, now it's saying that it will have a converted tractor touring the site acting as a mobile 4G hotspot.Read more...
21 Jun 2013
Up to now, Sky (full name BSkyB), the UK-based satellite broadcaster has been silent on the subject of 4K, saying only that they are "looking at it", and given that you'd have to be in orbit round Neptune not to be "looking" at 4K, that doesn't tell us very much at allRead more...
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (67297) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42885) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12315) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7920) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (7038) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (248) The Canon EOS 1DX Mark III is even more powerful than we first thought!
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (650) Creamsource Micro Colour: A versatile film light for filming on the go
- Friday 24 Jan 2020 - (1074) The EF mount is not dead. This is why.
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1246) Major new collaborative tools feature in Premiere Pro update
- Thursday 23 Jan 2020 - (1512) FUJIFILM's new X-T200 mixes ease of use with power
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video