Studio & Broadcast
06 Aug 2013
4K broadcast television is coming early to South KoreaRead more...
23 Jul 2013
London's Soho is a bit of a contradiction when it comes to technology. There are more post production facilities in this square mile than in the rest of the country. Every broom cupboard houses at least three video editors. Only a decade ago, almost every Soho pedestrian carried a Digi Beta tape or even a can of film. Now, it's…Read more...
These days it's hard to imagine what it was like before 24 hour news channels, and if you've never worked for one, it probably doesn't occur to you that, sometimes, there's a shortage of good storiesRead more...
As stunts go, it's a good one. UK mobile provider EE had already stated that it was going to provide on-site 4G wireless internet for Glastonbury festival goers on its network, now it's saying that it will have a converted tractor touring the site acting as a mobile 4G hotspot.Read more...
21 Jun 2013
Up to now, Sky (full name BSkyB), the UK-based satellite broadcaster has been silent on the subject of 4K, saying only that they are "looking at it", and given that you'd have to be in orbit round Neptune not to be "looking" at 4K, that doesn't tell us very much at allRead more...
20 Jun 2013
REDRAY, RED's 4K player, is real, and it's just started shippingRead more...
14 Jun 2013
How will we get our 4K TV programs? Japan's testing delivery by internet streamingRead more...
02 Jun 2013
Sony's plans for 4K delivery are slowly becoming clearer. Palo Alto-based Eye IO announced on 30th May that their encoding technology will be used by Sony to deliver 4K content to their $4K media player, which will be launched this summerRead more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53231) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31467) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27486) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20768) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (12081) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (443) The loss of the Artist controllers is a missed opportunity for Avid [opinion]
- Thursday 18 Jul 2019 - (860) DJI unveils new Ronin-SC gimbal with a focus on travel portability
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (845) This video edited itself!
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (849) Sony gets even tougher with new SD cards and speedy USB hub
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (820) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video