Studio & Broadcast
09 Jan 2014
Vizio - well known in the US but almost completely unknown in most of the rest of the world - has launched an incredibly cheap 4K TV range (starting at $999 for 50") and a "Reference" series that includes 4K at 10 bitRead more...
02 Jan 2014
It's wider, and it's curvier, and it's certainly not cheaper, but it could be the shape of things to comeRead more...
05 Dec 2013
It was always going to happen. The only question was when. So here they are - a collection of new, relatively affordable 4K computer monitors from DellRead more...
17 Nov 2013
As distribution of 35mm film prints comes to an end many Drive-In movie theaters are facing closure as they cannot afford the cost of upgrading to digital projection. Honda USA has launched a campaign to save the Drive-In and is promising to donate 5 digital projectors to Drive-Ins chosen by the publicRead more...
16 Nov 2013
Since the advent of television, the movie theater industry has been in a fight to stay one technological step ahead of its living room counterpart. But the nature of the race has changed.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13254) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8584) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7074) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5097) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5092) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (270) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (528) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1672) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1403) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4165) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video