Studio & Broadcast
18 Aug 2014
Don't discard the footage you don't use in your main show. Follow these guidelines and you can create new material from a single programmeRead more...
Kodak, and the photochemical film business in general, has been reeling of late. But a recent deal ensures many more years of 'real film'. RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes reports and gives commentary.Read more...
23 Jul 2014
The more ways you deliver your content (the more "channels" you use) the more people will see itRead more...
However uneven the action on the field may have been, the broadcast technology behind the World Cup has been an enormous success with Sony’s live 4K screening of the Germany vs France match setting the bar for the next tournament in Russia in 2018. By Paul Saint.Read more...
07 Jul 2014
Sony is filming three of the World Cup games in 4K and now it has been announced that two of the three games will be shown to an invited audience in a London VUE cinema (Westfield near Shepherds Bush)Read more...
26 Jun 2014
You can now buy a UHD, 40" TV for less than most "branded" HD TVsRead more...
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (33928) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (13909) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11127) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10520) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7862) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (599) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (365) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2019!
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (641) Increasing diversity in the VFX industry - there's a long way to go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (2676) Atomos Shogun 7 - Is this the best on-camera monitor-recorder you can buy?
- Monday 19 Aug 2019 - (1493) Video over IP is the last standard you'll ever need [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video