18 Mar 2019
It's a sad tale of... well, what, exactly? Over ambition? Hubris? Flying to close to the Sun? Or maybe just a small company trying to be a bigger one. Who wouldn't like to think that they could have done it better? But the reality is that people have lost their jobs and their hopes for the futureRead more...
ISE is show for the AV and installation industry in Amsterdam that's so big it literally doubles the price of hotels throughout the city. We go there because it's hard to stay away from the weird and wonderful stuff they have on displayRead more...
24 Jan 2019
Red and Atomos have entered a licensing agreement to co-operate with a view to a new range of products containing the DNA of both companiesRead more...
26 Nov 2018
You may have seen reports of new consumer cameras from Sony sporting 8K video sensors. Don't believe them just yet.Read more...
10 Oct 2018
Where can we look to get a sense of the future of workflow production for scripted episodic programming? The designs and projects of Jesse Korosi, Director of Workflow Services at SIM Digital International, and his team of producers, supervisors, technicians and developers have become trusted models for many in the industry.Read more...
09 Oct 2018
A new report from the BFI in the UK highlights the contribution that the video sector makes to the economy, with analysis of VFX spun out for the first time. And the figures are fascinating.Read more...
03 Oct 2018
Samsung's 8K TVs will be in the shops, available to buy, this month - somewhat earlier than expectedRead more...
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35551) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17947) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11247) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (7731) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6377) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (1700) WD Blue SN500 brings NVMe storage to the budget market
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (794) IP Video is amazing, and it's for everyone - not just big broadcasters
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (527) Frame.io's 10 new features make collaboration even easier
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (800) A lovely illustration of how to explain how something works. We need more of this!
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (1205) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video