10 May 2017
Amazon’s new Echo Show is a personal digital assistant with a video screen. It probably represents the state of the art with cloud-connected voice assistants. Whichever way you look at it, it’s a remarkable achievementRead more...
05 May 2017
What are Canon's priorities with video? Why hasn't it put more effort into making the 5D MK 1V a better video camera for shooting video? We think we know why.Read more...
05 Apr 2017
As NAB gets ever closer - it's just over a week away now - it's time to start thinking once more about nominations for the RedShark Awards.Read more...
‘Cinematic’ is a term you’ll often find on these pages. It seems to be a look we all aspire to. We could argue about what ‘cinematic’ actually means (the best answer is probably ‘not like video’ - but then video doesn’t look like video anymore) but I’d rather discuss the underlying assumption: cinema is the highest form of the moving…Read more...
08 Mar 2017
We're planning something really exciting. It's an evening with RED, Audio Network and Lightworks: three great companies all under the umbrella of ‘RedShark Live’, on March 9, New York. There will be pizza.Read more...
Finally, after what seems like years of speculation, YouTube has announced that it’s going to start streaming live TV channels, starting with a limited rollout of a so-called ‘skinny bundle’ in major markets in the USA.Read more...
Opinion: Amidst all the hoopla and chest-beating surrounding the wrong name being read out at the Oscars ceremony, amidst all the expected political point-scoring and bun-fighting, was the shameful ridiculing of the Academy’s Scientific and Technical Awards presented earlier in the month.Read more...
18 Feb 2017
Over the past few years the idea of crowdfunding independent movies has gained a lot of traction amongst filmmakers. Rakesh Malik explores the history of the finance model and some of the options available.Read more...
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (13069) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10559) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (8397) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6537) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (5922) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (75) Seven ways to get stability without a tripod
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (641) We need to talk! Frame.io helps you communicate with your production colleagues [sponsored]
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (1099) DJI Spark: the new entry level consumer drone
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - (926) Logos: is that real or is that CGI?
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - (1457) Animatronic dinosaurs and 24K giant screens - welcome to the future of cinema
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video