26 Nov 2018
You may have seen reports of new consumer cameras from Sony sporting 8K video sensors. Don't believe them just yet.Read more...
10 Oct 2018
Where can we look to get a sense of the future of workflow production for scripted episodic programming? The designs and projects of Jesse Korosi, Director of Workflow Services at SIM Digital International, and his team of producers, supervisors, technicians and developers have become trusted models for many in the industry.Read more...
09 Oct 2018
A new report from the BFI in the UK highlights the contribution that the video sector makes to the economy, with analysis of VFX spun out for the first time. And the figures are fascinating.Read more...
03 Oct 2018
Samsung's 8K TVs will be in the shops, available to buy, this month - somewhat earlier than expectedRead more...
01 Oct 2018
Off The Tracks is a feature-length documentary by Bradley Olsen about the turbulent introduction in 2011 of Final Cut Pro X. Here's your chance to see it in New York City, and meet and network with Frame.io and others involved in the post production communityRead more...
28 Sep 2018
NAB Show New York has fast become one of the go-to events of the East Coast filmmakers’ and content-creators’ year. This years show takes place on the 17th and 18th of October and there's limited time to get your free passes.Read more...
26 Sep 2018
We completely understand that not everyone can get to Amsterdam on a Monday in September. But don't worry - there will be more of these amazing events popping up around the globe over the next year. Meanwhile, here's what an intense three hours of 8K workflow fun looks like sixteen floors above the Amsterdam waterfront.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13254) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8583) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7074) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5097) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5092) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (270) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (528) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1672) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1402) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4165) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video