22 May 2019
EditShare enters a new era. It's a big move for the company that owns and develops LightworksRead more...
24 Apr 2019
The EU Parliament has given its blessing to the new Copyright Directive which aims to strengthen the position of EU-based creators – filmmakers, actors, musicians, journalists and writers – when negotiating with publishers and producers.Read more...
01 Apr 2019
This was an almost complete surprise. We know NewTek very well, and we didn’t see this coming. But it does make sense: more so, the more we think about it.Read more...
31 Mar 2019
RedShark Replay: Why is there such a huge difference in the price of some cameras, which might both be supposedly "Cinema Quality"?Read more...
18 Mar 2019
It's a sad tale of... well, what, exactly? Over ambition? Hubris? Flying to close to the Sun? Or maybe just a small company trying to be a bigger one. Who wouldn't like to think that they could have done it better? But the reality is that people have lost their jobs and their hopes for the futureRead more...
ISE is show for the AV and installation industry in Amsterdam that's so big it literally doubles the price of hotels throughout the city. We go there because it's hard to stay away from the weird and wonderful stuff they have on displayRead more...
24 Jan 2019
Red and Atomos have entered a licensing agreement to co-operate with a view to a new range of products containing the DNA of both companiesRead more...
26 Nov 2018
You may have seen reports of new consumer cameras from Sony sporting 8K video sensors. Don't believe them just yet.Read more...
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20591) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18109) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10900) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6685) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (295) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (604) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (955) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (576) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4895) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video