Simon Wyndham is the Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
New types of affordable and lightweight camera mean that there are new types of film making. And the film makers are challenging the skills of "traditional" professionals. Simon Wyndham takes the sport of Kayaking as an example
RedShark Replay: This article was first published back in 2015, but while some things have changed for the better, some of them haven't. It's one thing for cameras to be modular, that's a good thing. But should we really have to design our own custom rig for every new device?
- Saturday 4 Apr 2020 - (17720) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6919) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (5369) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (5334) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (4362) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (1079) Reflecmedia: An evolution in green screen
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (987) XMG unveils monster new Ryzen based laptop
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1053) Covid-19: This is a watershed moment for the virtual box office
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1662) Apple releases ProRes RAW beta for Windows
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (1089) Cooke Optics expands its lens range with new anamorphic and full frame models.