Simon Wyndham is the Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
There has been a lot of focus and attention on the new Blackmagic URSA Mini and its abilities, such as a 15 stop dynamic range, well thought out ergonomics and lighter weight than the full size URSA. However one of its hidden talents may also be one of the most ground breaking, especially given the company's acquisition of the Fusion VFX software.
We briefly covered the announcement of the new Blackmagic Micro Cinema and Micro Studio Cameras when they were launched. While they were perhaps overshadowed by the announcement of the URSA Mini, the units have a lot to offer.
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (16197) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6405) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (4368) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (4040) Zhiyun's CRANE 3S is designed for heavier payloads
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (3792) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (1779) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (854) How to set up your own low cost TV studio!
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1876) Sennheiser Memory Mic: A smartphone mic that works at range
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1513) Here are some essential tips for setting up your grading room
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (1199) Red Giant Complete free for students and teachers, plus monthly option introduced for professionals