Simon Wyndham is the Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
It has been rumoured for a while now, with working models being spotted in the field over the last couple of months or so. But now DJI has finally announced what every Inspire1 owner has been hoping for. A new camera. Well, in fact two new cameras…the X5 and the X5R.
Most GoPro competitors cannot match the undoubted POV leader’s picture quality due to insisting on keeping to very low bitrates, but the list of innovative and user friendly features on its rivals just gets better and better. The TomTom Bandit is a case in point.
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (16199) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6409) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (4397) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (3799) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3667) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (1859) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (874) How to set up your own low cost TV studio!
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1932) Sennheiser Memory Mic: A smartphone mic that works at range
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1526) Here are some essential tips for setting up your grading room
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (1207) Red Giant Complete free for students and teachers, plus monthly option introduced for professionals