Simon Wyndham is the Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
After the release of The URSA Mini 4.6K, Blackmagic Design has been hard at work, not only addressing concerns over some aspects of the image, but also the general usability of the camera. In what transpires to be a huge update by anyone’s standards, it has therefore just has released a public beta of the forthcoming Camera 4.0 Update.
More is more: Simon Wyndham looks at some of the upcoming improvements for video tech - higher resolution, higher contrast and brightness, higher frame rates - and reckons we need to be continually pushing the boudaries if we ever want to emulate the way the natural world, and our natural eyes, work.
From Aristotle onwards, artists have understood the importance of character in providing a narrative to their content. And, argues Simon Wyndham, just because you're making a corporate video that doesn’t mean you can forget it.
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (16198) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6405) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (4370) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (4040) Zhiyun's CRANE 3S is designed for heavier payloads
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (3795) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (1794) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (855) How to set up your own low cost TV studio!
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1881) Sennheiser Memory Mic: A smartphone mic that works at range
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1515) Here are some essential tips for setting up your grading room
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (1200) Red Giant Complete free for students and teachers, plus monthly option introduced for professionals