Simon Wyndham is the Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
Sony dropped a bombshell today with the announcement of a successor to what could be the best action camera that was never intended to be an action camera. Welcome to the RX0 II. Is this the most versatile and highest quality POV camera yet?
The Nikon Z 6 is one of the hottest tickets in mirrorless cameras right now, and it's easy to see why. Its paper specifications are certainly enticing, with a full-frame CMOS sensor, 4K video downsampled from a 6K capture, ensuring true 4K imagery, 10-bit 4:2:2 output with N-log to external recorders, and a compact form factor.
Monitors are one of the best pieces of kit you can have for small camera shooting. We take a good look at one of the most popular devices of late, the Atomos Ninja V monitor/recorder. A system that can expand the capabilities of your camera, and at a very attractive price point.
- Saturday 4 Apr 2020 - (17721) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6919) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (5369) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (5335) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (4362) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (1083) Reflecmedia: An evolution in green screen
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (988) XMG unveils monster new Ryzen based laptop
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1056) Covid-19: This is a watershed moment for the virtual box office
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1665) Apple releases ProRes RAW beta for Windows
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (1090) Cooke Optics expands its lens range with new anamorphic and full frame models.