Simon Wyndham is the Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
Micro budget films have a very valid place in a creative industry that often likes to sweep them under the carpet. But if your only resource is currently yourself, how can you set off on the road to actually making something?
The new world of online on-demand broadcasting could mean the end of traditional broadcasters. Armed with just an Apple TV, can you get your television fix with just a few apps and skip live to air broadcast altogether, right now?
HDR has opened up a whole new world when it comes to colour grading. But it has also opened up a whole can of worms as to the best way to deal with it. We caught up with top colourist Warren Eagles at NAB 2019 for this enlightening interview to try and make sense of it all.
- Saturday 4 Apr 2020 - (17720) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6919) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (5369) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (5334) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (4362) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (1075) Reflecmedia: An evolution in green screen
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (985) XMG unveils monster new Ryzen based laptop
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1050) Covid-19: This is a watershed moment for the virtual box office
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1660) Apple releases ProRes RAW beta for Windows
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (1088) Cooke Optics expands its lens range with new anamorphic and full frame models.