Simon Wyndham is the Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
It is no secret that we’re enthusiastic about higher resolutions here at RedShark, yet debates still continue to rage. But high resolutions are now an everyday part of production, and we are seeing the benefits in spades. I think it is now beyond debate. Here's why.
It's not exactly a secret that if you work with VFX, Adobe After Effects is pretty much the industry standard, and while there are alternatives such as Blackmagic Design's Fusion, such software needs a lot of time and practice to learn well. FXhome has some very intriguing developments upcoming that may make you reconsider what you use.
Sometimes the most amazing images come not from post production manipulation or CGI, but the real world. And it would be difficult to see a a more stark illustration of this than this incredible video.
The action camera market is, if you look at it as a whole, a pretty crowded place. But while there are a lot of different models available, there are surprisingly few that stand out as being exceptional. Until now. 2019 looks like it is hotting up where action cameras are concerned, with new announcements from the likes of Feiyu Tech and now DJI.
Watch any ‘influencer’ video today and you will see that they are absolutely chock full of silly amateur editing mistakes that no high end broadcaster would ever put up with. Or are they? We take a look at why what would traditionally be a mistake eventually becomes 'style'.
- Saturday 4 Apr 2020 - (17719) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6918) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (5365) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (5333) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (4359) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (1056) Reflecmedia: An evolution in green screen
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (980) XMG unveils monster new Ryzen based laptop
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1041) Covid-19: This is a watershed moment for the virtual box office
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1655) Apple releases ProRes RAW beta for Windows
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (1085) Cooke Optics expands its lens range with new anamorphic and full frame models.