Simon Wyndham is a professional cameraman of over 15 years, video editor, and all round on set grunt. With a background in indy feature making, when he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming. (Website: http:// www.5ep.co.uk)
In recent months there has been a bit of talk about the types of jobs that are under threat from automation. Whether or not a computer could ever become artistic is one question, but for many of us, the market saturation of video producers has had quite an effect on rates.
If you ask anyone about action cameras, and the best one to buy, the vast majority of people would say one word: GoPro. But, as the saying goes, other action cam alternatives are available, and some of them are quietly compelling.
While drone shots have become very much part and parcel of many productions, owning and operating the vehicles legally is becoming an increasing legal burden and the economics of being a specialist drone operator are looking less attractive by the month. Have we already passed peak drone?
The first fruit of Pond5’s Global Partner Program is almost the definition of a win-win, and should see Adobe CC users gain access to an enhanced library of video clips, while clip creators themselves get to access a fecund global marketplace.
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20602) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11442) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (11207) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9201) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8377) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (140) Using the ARRI Alexa Mini as a stills camera
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (765) Nikon celebrates 100th birthday by announcing the Nikon D850
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (3279) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1090) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1938) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more