Simon Wyndham is Deputy Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of 20 odd years. With a background in indy feature making, he has been writing camera reviews and tech articles for as long as he can remember. When he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
We are used to seeing announcements of cameras that are approved by Netflix. It has come to be a bit of a badge of honour that the camera you purchase is approved for Netflix Originals series production. But what about the actual devices that these series are being watched on? Read on.
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54253) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 5 Jun 2018 - (9718) New Sony Compact RX 100 MK VI is so good it may be used to shoot on Avatar sequels
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5490) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5156) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Thursday 14 Jun 2018 - (4863) The surprising return of the professional cassette deck
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (366) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (2562) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1108) We find some hidden gems at London's Media Production Show
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (3458) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1662) The Sony DCR-VX1000 changed broadcast documentary production forever