Simon Wyndham is Deputy Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of over 15 years. With a background in indy feature making, when he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
G-Technology drives are some of the most popular amongst content producers. Whilst G-Technology itself has had a portable rugged SSD compatible drive system available for a while now, it has now introduced newer, faster variations in the form of the R-Series.
By every reasonable expectation, going to the cinema should be the ultimate way to enjoy a film. But it seems that occasionally venues can leave the experience wanting. So what are the challenges facing cinemas today, and should we be even having these issues in the digital world?
RedShark Review: A cousin of the remarkable 4 million ISO ME20F-SH, the Canon ME200S-SH shares the same form factor and is essentially a box with a sensor inside of it. That means that from straight shooting to drones to gimbal mounts, there is a lot you can do with it.
For a company that keeps on innovating, Edelkrone shows no sign of slowing down. Single camera operators would appear to have a new gadget to assist them in getting smooth motion shots in the form of the new SurfaceONE.
With the seemingly insatiable demand for effects such as lens flares, PolarPro has expanded its library of video editing solutions with a new Helios Cinematic Light Effects filter pack.
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47355) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11663) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 5 Sep 2017 - (11464) Sony RX0: probably the best action cam so far!
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8263) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7318) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (924) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (616) Avid’s MediaCentral promises to speed up collaborative workflows
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (578) RØDE goes wireless for vocal performance
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (1145) Metadata capable lenses from Zeiss help to smooth post workflows [video]
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (2559) The latest from Blackmagic Design at IBC 2017 [video]