Freya Black is a Freelance writer, director, cinematographer and artist based in the UK, (the land of cold winters and rainy days). She believes cinematography is all about creating magic through light. Her all time favorite film is "Freaks" by Todd Browning. Freya is a big fan of chocolate, owls and the night.
With the sheer number of lens interfaces that exist today, we are used to adapting lenses to our cameras using adaptors. Now Angenieux has turned this thinking on its head by allowing us to adapt the lens to both the camera and sensor size at will. Freya Black investigates.
It is a fantastic time to be buying an action camera. At no period has this been better illustrated than now. Xiaomi has been making waves with its existing action camera line, that have been giving GoPro a very serious run for their money. Now the company has released a new camera into the fold, that offers many features found on higher budget rivals, but at an incredible sub £100 price point.
To a huge amount of anticipation, the Nikon D850 has finally arrived. The Nikon D810 was a favoured camera of film-makers working in full frame video, so people have been waiting with bated breath to see what the company will produce as a more modern replacement.
Laser technology in projectors is approaching mainstream. Brighter, sharper pictures with lower maintenance costs are promised. But will these latest 4K laser projectors tempt cinema owners enough to upgrade their existing set-ups?
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55673) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (53983) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51552) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11131) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 9 Jan 2018 - (6322) Hands-on with the Panasonic GH5S
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (152) Hasselblad’s new HD6-400c: a 400 megapixel multi-shot beast
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (580) Shooting The Expanse on Cooke 5/i Primes
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (913) NewTek converters and cameras learn new tricks
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1329) CES 2018: essential releases, trends & more
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1484) Telestream Switch 4: your QuickTime Player Pro 7 replacement