Freya Black is a Freelance writer, director, cinematographer and artist based in the UK, (the land of cold winters and rainy days). She believes cinematography is all about creating magic through light. Her all time favorite film is "Freaks" by Todd Browning. Freya is a big fan of chocolate, owls and the night.
With the sheer number of lens interfaces that exist today, we are used to adapting lenses to our cameras using adaptors. Now Angenieux has turned this thinking on its head by allowing us to adapt the lens to both the camera and sensor size at will. Freya Black investigates.
It is a fantastic time to be buying an action camera. At no period has this been better illustrated than now. Xiaomi has been making waves with its existing action camera line, that have been giving GoPro a very serious run for their money. Now the company has released a new camera into the fold, that offers many features found on higher budget rivals, but at an incredible sub £100 price point.
To a huge amount of anticipation, the Nikon D850 has finally arrived. The Nikon D810 was a favoured camera of film-makers working in full frame video, so people have been waiting with bated breath to see what the company will produce as a more modern replacement.
- Sunday 4 Mar 2018 - (46969) What's the difference between Consumer and Pro graphics cards?
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (30867) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (27845) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Monday 5 Mar 2018 - (16895) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 - (4746) Roger Deakins finally just won an Oscar. Here's his story
- Saturday 17 Mar 2018 - (731) Can we finally define what 'cinematic' is? [Opinion]
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1462) Sharp's 8C-B60A 8K camera: We see some exclusive new footage
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1682) Fiilex Q8 travel: The best variable colour LED light we've tested so far
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1184) CGI can make duvets as well as war machines
- Thursday 15 Mar 2018 - (1497) RedShark Review: Fujinon MK series cine zooms are a great option for aspiring filmmakers