Freya Black is a Freelance writer, director, cinematographer and artist based in the UK, (the land of cold winters and rainy days). She believes cinematography is all about creating magic through light. Her all time favorite film is "Freaks" by Todd Browning. Freya is a big fan of chocolate, owls and the night.
Christopher Nolan's forthcoming Dunkirk is notable for a lot more than simply featuring Harry Styles: it's also Nolan's first film to be shot entirely large format - and that includes a lot of handheld IMAX shots with a 54lb camera.
Nikon has been through a lot of financial uncertainty recently and, as a result, quite a few future products were cancelled and the company was restructured. In that context it's really great to see the company is back with some new products and even better that they are lenses to boot.
CP3- oh! The new Zeiss CP.3 lenses are slightly more expensive than the preceding CP.2 glass, but they are also a major upgrade because the lens mechanics and physical consistency are such an improvement. In other words, Zeiss looks to have a winner on its hands.
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20602) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11442) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (11207) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9205) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8377) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (147) Using the ARRI Alexa Mini as a stills camera
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (770) Nikon celebrates 100th birthday by announcing the Nikon D850
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (3286) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1093) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1941) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more