Ned Soltz is Redshark’s East Coast Editor and a veteran shooter, editor, consultant, author and industry expert. He is a frequent contributor to TVTechnology Magazine as well numerous print publications, websites podcasts. Ned was among the founders of the LA Final Cut Pro User Group (now LA Creative Pro User Group) and is currently president of the New York City user group Mopictive NYC.
Try as we might, there's no avoiding Coronavirus even if you haven't been affected physically. The repercussions are rippling across the industry with all the subtley of a nuclear explosion. But there are some shining lights, so here's a rundown of what some prominant companies are doing to help content creators in this most testing of times.
The Coronavirus outbreak has been forcing a rethink about how production can carry on seamlessly when social isolation is at the forefront of many countries strategies. IP based workflows are therefore now coming into their own.
At RedShark we take a pragmatic view that decisions to attend events need to be taken on evidence. But we are aware that worldwide events and hysteria can cause alarm where the scientific evidence suggests more caution. However due to the sheer volume of news surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak, recent news directly related to our industry, and the fact large expos around the world have already been cancelled, this is a topic that, at the very least, needs raising.
New York’s annual PhotoPlus Expo has concluded with announcements and demos of the latest photo gear. Yet, with the increasing convergence of the still and video worlds, there are a number of innovations in the video world to merit our attention.
- Saturday 4 Apr 2020 - (17653) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6870) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (5277) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (5178) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (4306) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (454) XMG unveils monster new Ryzen based laptop
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (657) Covid-19: This is a watershed moment for the virtual box office
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1306) Apple releases ProRes RAW beta for Windows
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (927) Cooke Optics expands its lens range with new anamorphic and full frame models.
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (1232) Sony announces $100 million Global Relief Fund to help the creative community