Ned Soltz is a veteran shooter, editor, consultant, author and industry expert. He is Contributing Editor of DigitalVideo Magazine and is a frequent contributor to numerous print and web publications as well as podcasts. Ned was among the founders of the LA Final Cut Pro User Group (now LA Creative Pro User Group) and is currently president of the New York City user group Mopictive NYC.
Timeline-to-text technology is hardly new. But plug-in developer Digital Anarchy is bringing it to Adobe Premiere in an affordable package with tremendous potential for interviews, documentaries and just about any other area where a transcription tied to the timeline would be in order.
As well as the Ursa Mini 4.6K Pro camera announced last night, Blackmagic also unveiled two new control panels for DaVinci Resolve: the $995 DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel and the $2995 DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel.
Opinion: Amidst all the hoopla and chest-beating surrounding the wrong name being read out at the Oscars ceremony, amidst all the expected political point-scoring and bun-fighting, was the shameful ridiculing of the Academy’s Scientific and Technical Awards presented earlier in the month.
RedShark Review: Blackmagic’s recent unveiling of a trio of TV switching, recording and streaming products was exactly the sort of pulling the rug from under the rest of the industry announcement that the company specialises in. And happily their real world performance matches their impressive spec.
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20602) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11442) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (11207) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9202) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8377) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (142) Using the ARRI Alexa Mini as a stills camera
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (769) Nikon celebrates 100th birthday by announcing the Nikon D850
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (3282) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1091) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1940) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more