Ned Soltz is a veteran shooter, editor, consultant, author and industry expert. He is Contributing Editor of DigitalVideo Magazine and is a frequent contributor to numerous print and web publications as well as podcasts. Ned was among the founders of the LA Final Cut Pro User Group (now LA Creative Pro User Group) and is currently president of the New York City user group Mopictive NYC.
Timeline-to-text technology is hardly new. But plug-in developer Digital Anarchy is bringing it to Adobe Premiere in an affordable package with tremendous potential for interviews, documentaries and just about any other area where a transcription tied to the timeline would be in order.
As well as the Ursa Mini 4.6K Pro camera announced last night, Blackmagic also unveiled two new control panels for DaVinci Resolve: the $995 DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel and the $2995 DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel.
Opinion: Amidst all the hoopla and chest-beating surrounding the wrong name being read out at the Oscars ceremony, amidst all the expected political point-scoring and bun-fighting, was the shameful ridiculing of the Academy’s Scientific and Technical Awards presented earlier in the month.
RedShark Review: Blackmagic’s recent unveiling of a trio of TV switching, recording and streaming products was exactly the sort of pulling the rug from under the rest of the industry announcement that the company specialises in. And happily their real world performance matches their impressive spec.
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (11878) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Saturday 10 Jun 2017 - (9641) White lens or black lens? There’s a reason
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (8427) Just in case you doubted that 8K video is the new still photography...
- Friday 16 Jun 2017 - (7679) 5 Tips from top Colorist Warren Eagles
- Monday 12 Jun 2017 - (6720) HP’s Omen Accelerator will boost your laptop’s graphics
- Thursday 22 Jun 2017 - (327) Sound Forge Pro Mac 3: new plugins and fabulous support for filmmakers
- Thursday 22 Jun 2017 - (878) What is the best action camera to have in your kitbag?
- Thursday 22 Jun 2017 - (856) Adobe swoops for SkyBox to ramp up 360 toolset
- Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 - (2439) The home-brew return of anamorphic
- Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 - (1030) Netflix takes TV interactive